Monday, January 7, 2008

Happy New Year - Again

Yes. Happy New Year again. I couldn't find any photo's that I liked to add to my blog for New Years. Today in work when opening the mail, my boss got this New Year's card. I loved it and put a note on if asking if I could borrow it so I could scan it. He brought it to me and said yes. So HAPPY NEW YEAR AGAIN.

Later this afternoon when everyone in the office was gone except my boss, I checked my e-mail. I had one from my friend Barb with the subject being blog. I thought that she had came across another interesting blog and was letting me know to check it out. When I clicked on the link, I saw her picture. I realized then that she started her own blog. I actually let out a scream and said finally. Luckily, my boss did not come up to see what was happening. Come to think of it what a coward. There could have been someone there with a gun and trying to rob the place (they can have whatever they want, including the people I work with - PLEASE). Okay, back on subject. I couldn't wait to come home and read it. The name of her blog is Almost There (I have added her link). I have known Barb for 14 years. When I started working at the Township, she trained me. Over the years we have become very good friends. She now lives up the street from me. That is kind of funny because her daughter was living in a very seedy, bug infected place. Her daughter works at our local library and doesn't drive. She basically lived across the street from the library and it was convenient for her to get to work. I used to tell Barb that the house on my street would be prefect for Rita. It is small and a short walking distance to work. When Barb was thinking about retiring, she offered to sell her house to Rita, which Rita did buy and Barb moved up the street from me. Funny how things work out. Anyway back on subject again (see this is one of my rambles). I often said to Barb that she should start a blog. She has a lot of interesting stories which I hope she shares and she takes beautiful pictures. Her profile is so her. She often had her camera with her at work and on weekends would go exploring and take more beautiful pictures. She is the reason I bought my first digital camera (I used the disposable one) and now have a Flickr site. Barb is special to me in so many ways. In one of my previous posts I had explained that my immediate family has pasted away, so I have adopted Barb as my mom. I call or e-mail her just about everyday just to check in, but more often then not anymore, to rant about the happenings in work. (Another story that I may get into one of these days). So I hope that you will take the time and visit her site.
Until next time, I hope that everyone is enjoying their New Year so far.

4 comments:

Ralph said...

It's pretty cool when your friends start their own blog. So far two of mine have. They are always fun to read.
Well, Happy New Year's again.
Don't yell to loud at work!
Ralph

Rachel said...

That is a pretty card! I'm glad your friend started a blog too. It's so neat the people you meet while blogging!! I don't get to be on here near as much as I would like though.

I'm hoping to get a post up sometime today! My fingers are crossed!

Cliff said...

Rachel needs to see a hand surgeon about those fingers. Sometimes they can do wonders wi....uh, oh, I see, never mind.
You have become prolific with your blogging. I'm sitting here wrestling with something. I've kept checking back to see if you had posted anything and just about gave up and now it looks like a couple of new posts were up during the time I was checking which leads me to believe that my computer needed to reload your blog and wasn't doing it. Anyhoo, Happy New Year to you and thanks for sharing all of the animal pics. Looks like a good time. Later.

Cliff said...

Hey I just figured it out. I visit blogs from my blog roll and I inadvertently linked to your Dec 9th blog instead of your blog so everytime I looked you were still on Dec 9th. On the other hand maybe it only bothers me. I'll go fix it now.