Sunday, September 11, 2011

Ten years ago today

started as a beautiful day. Not a cloud in the sky with cool temperatures.

Then tragedy struck us all in the way of terrorists that would change our lives.

We were all glued and gathered around the tv and radio watching and listening in horror. Asking how this could be happening.

This went on for days-weeks after. We watched the horror, terror and sadness of faces that appeared on the television. We cried, prayed, proudly flew our American flags vowing to never forget.

And forget we have not.

And as I watched the news this morning, I saw the same horrific images. Felt the same feelings of sadness, terror and helplessness. Cried tears like I did that day ten years ago.

Through my tears, I couldn't help but wonder. Why are we reliving this over and over again? Is it not better to give the families closure? To give us closure? Instead of showing the planes flying into the towers, the collapsing of the towers, people running in fear covered in dust and dirt. Should we not look at what good has come from this tragedy? There were several stories on the news this morning about the memorials, reflecting ponds and scholarship that have been set up in memory of a loved one. A couple people interviewed that received one of the scholarships that has changed their life.

I fly my American flag proudly today. I think of that day ten years ago. Think about how our lives changed forever that day. I think about all the men and women who lost their lives that day. I think about the men and women in uniform who continue to lose their lives for us because of that day ten years ago today.

No comments: