Saturday, February 2, 2008

The raccoon came back...



or another decided to visit. I was at ceramics Wednesday night. I was tired and left early figuring I would come home and go to bed early. I watched a little TV and decided it was time. I got the food ready for the kittens and went out. They were almost done eating when I heard the rustling. I grabbed the flashlight and out I went. This one was darker in color then the one Saturday night. I was tired and threw caution to the wind and decided to chase him. I managed to chase him up the tree, where he just peered down at me. I was trying to figure out how to get him to move on when I said to him, "Wait. Don't move. Stay right there. I have to get my camera." In I ran. Got the camera, and came back out and the obedient little sucker was still there. I got pretty good pictures this time. After awhile he had enough and decided to come down. We were within a couple of feet from one another. I decided to back-off because now the kittens were coming over to see what I was doing. At one point the raccoon started coming back into my yard. I grabbed the birdbath and threw the water his way. He did run this time. Needless to say, I didn't get to bed early that night.


Last night I was on the phone with my friend Deb. Her and her mom were leaving this morning for Florida. We were chatting when I heard a loud noise from out back. I went and turned my outside light on and what do I see waddling down my steps. Another raccoon. This was too close to my kittens. However, they seemed to fair well. Ralph of course stood his ground. I'm not sure where Tiger went, but she came back and all was quiet for the rest of the night. Hopefully they wouldn't be coming around again. I really don't have anything in the yard to attract them now. I got rid of the corn and I don't leave any cat food out there. The only thing is the bird feeders and I refuse to get rid of them.

"It is time for us all to stand and cheer for the doer, the achiever--the one who recognizes the challenge and does something about it. Vince Lombardi"

2 comments:

bobbie said...

Love the pictures on this entry, Lisa.

nora leona said...

You're brave. "I heard a boom....and went outside."
Good photographs!