Monday, February 18, 2008

WOW! I'm surprised

and quite amazed. I have a Flickr site and post a lot of pictures of my outings. My Beaver Dam outing was no exception. I posted those pictures yesterday afternoon. I have it set up with Flickr, and I don't know how I did it, but if there is any activity on my site, ie. if someone made a picture a favorite or if a comment was made, Flickr will e-mail me of this activity. I had two e-mails. One that one was made a favorite and the other that three of my pictures were invited to a group site called "Spectacular Nature". This is my surprised and amazed part. I have only recently been introduced to photography (in my case picture taking) by Bobbie. I bought my first digital camera Labor Day weekend 2007. Before that it was disposable's.
"Spectacular Nature" is an invitation only site and being the computer idiot I am, I can't figure out how to get my pictures to them. I am thinking that I must become a member of this site, but don't know for sure. I have e-mailed Flickr for help and still await their response. I have looked at some of the pictures on this site and I am amazed that they would want any of mine.
Here are the three that were invited. Be honest and tell me what you think.









Also, my pictures do not enlarge when you click on them like with other blog site. Does anyone know how to change that? I am sure that I did something stupid when setting up my account.

Also, if anyone is interested in a eagle web cam and a crane web cam

7 comments:

Shelly said...

That's fabulous, congratulations! I'm envious of your flickr success, still struggling over here...ohh welll. My favorite is the top photo.

bobbie said...

Congratulations, Lisa! You may be surprised, but I'm not. You take some really great pictures.
thanks for the nature links - specially the eagle one.

Shelly said...

Hi Lisa, Thank you for the kind comment you left on my blog. I'm so happy that your co-worker liked the chili recipe, thanks for passing it on!
I have some more recipe photos ready to go, I just need to take the time to post them.

Ralph said...

Congratulations. Those pictures really are quite good.
Ralph

Rachel said...

That is wonderful!! I love these pictures!

Thanks for the links! I use to watch an eagle cam and enjoyed it, so it'll be fun to watch again!

Cliff said...

Great photos. Way to go. The best way to do the pics on the internet thing is keep trying stuff and then suddenly it will work and you can say, "well how the heck did that happen?"

Dianne said...

I think the top one is my favorite also but I like them all.

I have just recently minored (not mastered) Photobucket. Then I needed to deal with flickr in order to participate in a (sorta)meme and I was getting very cranky.

cliff is right when he says just keep trying stuff and suddenly it works.

and thank you for the offer to show me these places when I come "down the parkway" - I will absolutely follow-up with you on that - we can both take pictures - heck, we can take pictures of each other taking pictures!