Monday, November 2, 2009

I'm such a dork

I had line dance class tonight, but before I went I was on the phone with a friend. I got my cell phone out and turned it on. The thing started to ring, I opened it up and it said, 'new message to read.' After I hung up with my friend I checked it out. It was a text message. I didn't even know that the phone could do this. It is a Trac phone. I don't use a cell phone enough to purchase a plan. Anyway, 'it said 'way to go Eagles.' I never text before and it took some time to find out who sent it. My friend in Florida, but for what reason I do not know. She knows I am not a football fan. Okay here is the 'dork' part. I sent my very first text message back. I might have pissed her off though. Mine said, 'What. Who cares about the Eagles. Way to go Yankees.' However, I will probably never figure out how to send another text message again. I'm a dork.

Went to line dance class and had fun as always. On the way home, my radio station was playing a crappy song and I hit the scan button. I came across a song and said to myself, 'self. That sounds like the song from How the Grinch Stole Christmas.' Sure enough it was. Turns out they are playing 24 hours of Christmas music. So I'm singing this song and The Twelve Days of Christmas to my hearts content. When I got home, I just laughed at myself for being such a dork.

When I came in there was a message. Another freaking political message, (I had 10 calls yesterday). I CAN'T NOT WAIT UNTIL THIS ELECTION IS OVER. I thought to myself, I would rather be a dork and listen and sing Christmas music then listen to yet another bashing political message. Delete is a wonderful button.

5 comments:

Kay said...

I'm dorkier than you. I've never sent or received a text message before and I wouldn't know what to do if I get one. I barely know how to get my missed call messages. Sigh...

bobbie said...

DELETE is the best button every invented!

Gretchen said...

I live for texting. My phone goes off dozens of times a day. :)

As for the Eagles, they hired that sickening pig Michael Vick. WHY??? Don't they remember what he did to those poor innocent dogs? Then LIED about it? I can't even watch a game if they are in it. Won't support a thing to do with them.

Oh, since I'm a PA girl, GO PHILLIES!!!

I'm sick of political ads and campaigns, too, but always vote. I figure if I don't vote, then I have no right to complain.

Dianne said...

Happy 2nd Blogging Birthday!!

You and I started about the same time
my first post was 12/12/07

so you're older than me
hehehehehehehehe

Rachel said...

Delete is a wonderful thing! I HATE the political calls. ARGHHH!!!

I am a dork when it comes to all this electronic stuff. I only use my cell phone if I need to make a call. Otherwise it is always off. I don't think it has texting and I sure wouldn't know how to do it if it did!!

Christmas songs already? I shouldn't be surprised. I was at the mall today and they had it all decorated for Christmas!