Thursday, November 26, 2009

Some things I'm thankful for

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving with their family and friends.

One thing I am thankful for today is this.

I know to some this may not seem like any big deal. But here in Cape May County, this is the first blue sky we have since. Since. Well I honestly don't remember the last time we saw blue skies. And sadly as I type this, the gray clouds and dampness has taken over again.


Another thing I am thankful for is my good friends. Bobbie would be top of the list. We have known one another for sixteen years now. Not only do I consider her my friend, she's family. We have been through a lot of bad times, but the good times out weigh the bad.

I spoke with my friend Margie several times today. She tells me she is going to be a grandmom again. I am soo happy for her and her daughter. This baby was not planned. They really don't know yet how they feel about this. I think this baby is meant to be and will bring something special to this world.

I will be going to another good friends house in a bit for Thanksgiving dessert. Karen, I have known for years and Chrissy, just several, but they are the friends that you can count on no matter what.

And lastly, the one friend that I have had the pleasure of knowing, loving and living with for many years now.











My baby girl.
As I have wrote here before, she is getting up there in years (almost 20) and her health is failing.
I am thankful for everyday and every holiday that we have together. She is after all, my best friend and baby girl.
(All the photos of her were taken after she ate her favorite meal. Turkey. And like all of us, she is taking the after turkey dinner snooze.)

5 comments:

bobbie said...

Thank you, Lisa. I consider you family too, and your friendship is very dear to me. How many times now have you rescued me in one kind of situation or another? You always manage to put a smile on my face.

Kay said...

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too, Lisa! I agree that great friends are to be treasured and appreciated, always.

Rachel said...

Your baby girl is so pretty!! I'm glad she had some turkey!

Beautiful blue skies!

I had a nice Thanksgiving but ate entirely too much!

Deborah Godin said...

All the best to you, Lisa!

Ralph said...

You can't go wrong with blue sky and good friends.
Ralph