Thursday, December 3, 2009

Wacky weather

We have had more cloudy-rainy days then sunny. Yesterday was no exception. They were calling for heavy rain and high winds. I must say that this time the weather people were right.

The rain started yesterday afternoon. On and off. I went to ceramics and by the time I left, it was pouring. Ralphy, rightfully so, spent the night inside. Yipper still won't come in, so the brave little soul she is, braved the elements. When the wind picked up, it slammed the side of the house. Nothing like wind driven rain to keep one up. Then later, after I had fell asleep, the gusts started. Now I can sleep through just about anything. Well some of the gusts slamming the side of the house, woke me out of a dead sleep.

I checked the rain gauge this morning. We got three inches of rain last night. Honestly, I thought it would be more. I haven't checked my property yet, but I don't think there was any damage. One house in the neighborhood lost a gutter and down spout. Considering the wind, this was minimal.

One good thing is the sun is shining today. And according to the Weather Channel, we are supposed to have record high temperatures today. Close to 70 degrees. This I can believe. It is already warm. Hard to believe that it is December. However, the temps are supposed to plummet to 36 degrees tonight. More December like temps.

4 comments:

Deborah Godin said...

The weather was always difficult, but these days who can count on anything just about! Makes it hard to know what to do with all the stuff in the closet. Put summer away...well, maybe only the really light items!

Kay said...

We've got some pretty wild weather here, too. We've had a strong downpour for the last couple of hours. This is rather out of the usual for us. Ah well, we do need the water so it's OK.

Rachel said...

I'm writing this on Saturday and we got over an inch of snow last night! It's very pretty, but melting now. One thing about the weather..it changes!!

Mare said...

I think this is very crazy weather. We haven't really even had snow yet!