Friday, December 18, 2009

Woke up earlier then normal this morning and went through my daily ritual. (I am a creature of habit. Change my routine and I'm done for the day. I feel uptight inside.) Make bed. Go to bathroom. Feed Baby Girl. Get cup of coffee. Watch weather channel. Get second cup of coffee. Go fed kittens.

Go out to fed the kittens and they're not there. I call and Yipper comes running. Then I hear a pitiful mew. I call for Ralphy and hear the pitiful mew again. Now every mama knows the sound of her young. And when we hear distress, we kick into action. I grab the flashlight, (because it is before 6 in the morning), and going running in the direction I heard him. I'm calling for him and hearing the mews. I am fighting bamboo, holly tree branches and leaves to try and find him. Can't see him. I jump in my car and drive around the block, (if I ran over or tried to jump the fence, I would probably die before I got to him). I run into the back yard and fighting bamboo and holly again, start looking for him. I don't see him, nor do I hear him anymore. Come back home and can hear the pitiful mews again.

Now I have to get back to my routine. I jump in the shower (one must be clean when on a rescue mission) and rush through that. After I'm clean, dressed and shoes on, out I go again. Now we have some light from the morning sun. In the holly tree I go again calling for him. I part some bamboo and he mews. I look up and there the sucker is on my neighbors garage roof. Here I was thinking he got into a fight during the night and was laying hurt and bleeding. I grab the ladder (it's a four foot number) and back to my neighbors I go. I knew the ladder wouldn't be tall enough, but I thought he would come over to me and I could grab him. What does he do? Runs to the other end of the roof. I try to get around that side, but my neighbor has so much shit there, I couldn't get anywhere. Over to the other side again. I somehow make my way through the tangle of shit. What does my handsome boy do? Jumps into another neighbors tree, makes his way down the tree and runs back into my yard.

I know that he could have gotten down himself eventually, but that damn mama instinct kicked in and I went into protection mode. He's safe and that's all that matters.

2 comments:

bobbie said...

An interesting start to your day. Hope the rest of it goes smoother.

Kay said...

Wow! You're really amazing! I'm not so sure I'd have the energy to go after my pets that way.