Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Look who decided to come in out of the cold

Yup. Little Miss Yipper.

I have been trying for a long time to get her to come inside. I would pick her up, bring her in (trying to avoid very sharp claws), and set her down next to her brother. She would stay for a short time, then wanted no part of inside anymore and wanted to go out.

Then I noticed that she was staying in longer. One night she was in and so quiet, I forgot she was in. When I went looking for her, she was sound asleep on top of the cushion I have on the dryer.


That night she spent outside, but it ended there.

Her brother Ralphy has spent every night inside since he came back. I guess she got tired of being outside alone at night and she knocked to come in. I went to bed thinking there would be a fight between Yipper and My Baby Girl. No fights. Yipper woke me very early to go out. Ralphy went out with her, but he soon was knocking to come back in to his favorite spot.


Much progress was made trying to get Yipper inside. But I think, being a typical cat, it was on her terms not mine.

My Baby Girl doesn't seem too bother about it.

5 comments:

bobbie said...

Yea!

storyteller said...

She looks quite happy inside. I guess it doesn't get cold enough where I live to coax Ms Kitty indoors ... especially with Molly (my lab) around. I try but she just won't come in.
Hugs and blessings,

MmeBenaut said...

What wonderfulphotos Lisa - they look so beautiful. Yipper finally got some sense!

Mary said...

I detect a sense of relief? Happy New Year to you and your kitties, Lisa ;-)

Mary

Kay said...

The kitties look very warm and cuddly.