Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Again with the weather

Well we got hit with another storm during the wee hours of the morning. High winds and rain. Woke me up a couple times during the night. Woke me up for the last time around 4:30 this morning. I just stayed up made coffee and fed the fur babies.

The ground is so saturated the water has no place to go. Everything is soggy and squishy. The intersection and library parking lot are flooded. A short ride around town showed a couple of properties with standing water. We have been getting quite a few calls in work that properties are flooded. Well no offense, but no shit. What do they expect with all the rain we've had. And what to they expect us to do? Go out there and suck the property dry. Sorry I vent.

I watched the weather channel at lunch and they said the temperatures are going to drop and high winds will start again. Because the ground is so saturated, take precautions for falling trees. What does that mean? What precautions should I take. Cut down my trees? Move my house? Ugh.

Anyway, on another note. I've been watching the food channel. I watch what they make. If the recipe appeals to me, I go to foodnetwork.com and get it.

What I really wanted to say here is - they always taste what they made. How come they always are like ooh-um this is so good. Just once I would love for them to make a sour face and say, 'this tastes like shit. I put too much such-in-such in. That happens when you cook. It can't be perfect everytime.'

1 comment:

bobbie said...

Yes, it's hip boot season around here. The callers who expect authorities to run over to their property and DO something about it are really crazy. We know we can hit water without digging too far to begin with.