Sunday, November 4, 2007

Cold Spring Village - November 3, 2007

First let me tell you a little bit about myself. I was born and raised in Villas, New Jersey. Not to many people who live here can say that. Most people that live here now are from Philly, New York or North Jersey. I am a Lower Cape May Regional High School graduate. In simple terms we don't talk right and can't spell worth a darn(there is a dictionary in front of me). So if proper English is your thing, my blog isn't for you.

Speaking of blogs, obviously this is my first. I have no idea how to add pictures, add my favorite blogs or have it so that half of my profile is not on my main page. I guess when I start playing around with all the different features, I will figure it out or if someone could help me out, it would be greatly appreciated.

For those of you who are born and raised in a certain location, you tend not to appreciate and take advantage of all the happening in your area. This is the case with me, but last night I went to Cold Spring Village for their annual Candlelight Tour. This is the first time I went. Quite honestly, I didn't know that they had this. I really enjoyed myself. Cold Spring Village is properly known as Historic Cold Spring Village. It is a quaint little village with historic buildings. Most of the buildings have been moved there and restored to their original state. The featured building last night was Coxe Hall Cottage (c. 1691), (let me see if I can add a picture of it. Well that didn't work. Oh well, I guess I will figure out how to do that later.) There was a gentleman there who restored that building and gave the history of the it. Very interesting. There is a building called Dennisville Inn (c. 1836). This building was a depot for people traveling from Philly to Cape May. Half of the building is an area for the woman and the other half was for the men. Of course this area is where the saloon is. There were several other buildings that were opened for tour. I think my favorites were Coxe Hall Cottage and Marshallville School House (c. 1850). What made last night so enjoyable was that along all the paths there were luminaries to light the way. I will look forward to doing that again next year.

Well I think I rambled enough for one post. Until next time, enjoy yourself and get out and do something in your area that you never did before.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very nice, Viaas Girl. Make more visits to interesting oplaces, and tell us about them. And do try to get pictures for us.

Anonymous said...

Sorry. I don't seem to be able to spell either. I did mean "Villas Girl" in the previous comment.