Sunday, November 25, 2007

Happy and Sad

I am happy because I have been on vacation since the Thursday before Thanksgiving and sad because today is the last day and I have I go back to work tomorrow. I work for local governamnet and have for the past 13 years. It has been nice until recently. The office politics is getting to an unbearable level. I am not political at all and will never be. To me it is like selling your soul to the devil. The whispering and back stabbing is just some of the everday norms now in the office. Why do I stay? you may ask. Well here are some of the reasons - I live alone, I need the money, health benefits and pension. Here is Cape May County, jobs that offer the above are hard to come by. Well enough about that. I am sure I will have some rants in the future on this topic.


My friend called yesterday and asked if I wanted to go the the Cape May Mall (Washington Street Mall). Of course I said yes. This is what the Mall looked like before renovations.

I had seen a picture in the newspaper of the renovation, but it didn't prepare me for what I saw.




The following link is history on the mall and there is also a place to click that shows more pictures of the renovations. http://www.washingtonstreetmall.com/


This was a beautiful, quaint outdoor mall. The center had lovely shade trees and benches. At Christmas, all the trees were lit. It was so sad to see 30 year old trees taken out. They say that after it is done, it will be beautiful. I hope they are right.

As per the norm when I go on vacation it is guaranteed to rain. Which it did several days, it also was cloudy, damp, windy, sunny and warm. So basically I covered all the elments except the nasty white stuff, which I am so-so happy.


I did manage to get a couple fairly good pictures of the fall colors.


These are the trees outside of Township Hall.
This is Belleplain.

Anyone who knows me or read my profile knows my first love is animals.


Here is Tiger basking in the sun with not a care in the world.



There is a road in Middle Township that I always take. One because it is beautiful and two because there are horses. I took carrots and camera and here are some of the pictures.


I've named this one "Give the carrot and I won't hurt you"





This is "Damn Camera"



This is "Pretty".

Well, it is time to go, enjoy my last day of freedom, so to speak. OH and by the way, I hope everyone enjoyed their Thanksgiving.

2 comments:

Ralph said...

Love the name you have given the horses. It is sad about all the malls being renovated. Same thing is happening here.
I have finally gotten around to adding you to my links - hope that is okay.
Ralph

nora leona said...

You are a great photographer - thanks for sharing!
I hope work is going okay, now that your vacation is over.