Sunday, December 9, 2007

This Week in Review

Saturday, 12-1-07: I went to a sheep farm for a craft show. It was the first time I had ever been there. I have to say there weren't too may sheep for a sheep farm. However, it was a good time. There weren't too many crafters, but there was a lady there weaving. This was the first time I had ever seen weaving. I must have stayed there for 45 minutes watching and asking questions. God Bless her soul, she was very patient. You see, when I am curious about something, I tend to ask questions, lots and lots of questions. After I walked around a bit longer I decided it was time to go. I took this road that I had never driven before. After about 15 minutes, I came across a little wooden bridge. I stopped and got these pictures.



This was a beautiful road. All woods and very few houses. Very peaceful. Then I went and took this picture of my favorite lake.



I stopped at the Belleplain Lake. I love this lake also. While taking pictures of the lake, a bird shit on me. They say that this is supposed to be good luck. Whoever started this must not have been shit upon. After I got in the car I noticed that I was shit on twice. HOW RUDE. Well I should have double luck right. Well I am still waiting, but I guess you could say that I have my health, my camera, my baby and the two kittens, very good friends and a roof over my head. What more luck do I need. After I cleaned myself up, I came across these two along the side of the road.




Now this is a very busy road and I was a little concerned about these two. Well, they didn't seem to care to much, so I went on my way.
Monday, 12-3-07: Today started out as a sunny, warm and beautiful. The weather people said that it was going to get very windy and the temperatures were supposed to drop through the day. Well lo and behold they were right. As people would come into the office, I was commenting on how windy it had gotten. They were saying you should see the (Delaware) Bay. Well I was like a kid on Christmas Eve waiting for quitting time so I could get my camera and go to the bay. I only got out of the car once. That was enough. No hair spray made could hold up to that wind. While I was taking pictures from the safety of my car, I saw this guy.
He was walking his dog on the beach. Unfortunately I didn't get a picture of the dog, but how she managed to stay on the ground is a mystery. She was about six pounds maybe six and a quarter with her sweater.







After he got back in his truck, he got out with his camera. Being noisy I looked to see what he was taking pictures of. And this is it. Very beautiful sunset.

Wednesday, 12-5-07: The sad news of the day was the shooting at the Nebraska mall. Eight innocent people dead. I will admit I shed tears over this. I pondered over this sad event for awhile. It is human nature to blame someone, so I blame the new media. Whenever something like this happens, they sensationalize it day after day. Examples: the Nebraska mall, Columbine, the Amish School house and Virgina Tech shootings. We do not need to hear or see all of this. In my opinion when someone mentally unstable sees all of the television exposure, and they do these horrific acts, it is like they are saying, "Now you know who I am". I'm sorry if you are that depressed that you must end your life. End your life, not the lives of innocent people. Cliff had wrote about this in his blog. I didn't realize how close to this mall he was and that he shopped there. Thankfully he and his family weren't there this day.
Maybe if the news had more happy and caring clips the evils of the world would slowly subside.
On a happier note we had our first snowfall of the season which is very unusual for this time of the year. I don't ever remember getting snow in December and before Christmas. Again I was like a kid on Christmas Eve which is very unusual for me because I really don't like the white stuff. I couldn't wait to get home and grab the camera. Here are a couple pictures of our first snow fall.


Later that night with hot chocolate in hand I rode around looking at the Christmas lights.
It is not a very good picture, but this is one of the houses I took a picture of. I know it may look like the Griswold's house, but it really isn't.











This is the sunrise of the day after our first snow.

This is just a small rant. Did everyone hear that Santa is not allowed to say Ho-Ho-Ho anymore because it may offend some people. Now he has to say Ha-Ha-Ha- or He-He-He whatever it is. Can you imagine how many little kids are going to be upset because they will think that Santa is laughing at them. This is just unbelievably stupid if you ask me.

Well again I have rambled on enough for one post. Until next time take care of yourselves and enjoy the sights and sound around you.

5 comments:

nora leona said...

Great photographs!
I've heard the bird poo rumor also -and I'm not buying it either.
I was in a wedding several years ago, and was wearing shoes that were dyed green. The wedding was in a roofless, outdoor church. The brides father is a minister and it was a beautiful, emotional ceremony. A bird flew by, pooped on my shoe and then crashed in to a huge window of the church next door. The poor bird died and slid down the side of the building.
It was hard to ignore that in the middle of the wedding. The good news is that they are happily married a dozen years and three kids later.
I wish the same for you (if that is what you want, of course!).

Ralph said...

With the exception of the Omaha mall shooting and getting crapped on by a bird (twice) I'd say you had a good week.
When I am curious about something, I tend to ask a lot of questions as well - and I have found if you are truly interested people love to answer them.
Ralph

Cliff said...

The bird poop by you and the comment Nora had both had me laughing.
Yeah the mall shooting was unexplainable. I know I've never considered it good luck my self. Neither did NOra's birdie.
This was a great blog. I have trouble getting the patience to do nice entries like this. Thanks.
I'll finall get you blog rolled. Right now.

Cliff said...

I just re-read my comment and have decided that the sentences were out of order and that I'll leave it up to you to figure it out.

Cliff said...

Okay then, we've pretty well reviewed this week let's move on girl. How about the wild parties you've been too?