Sunday, December 16, 2007

Bird Indentification Help Please

Earlier this week I went to the Cape May County Zoo. This is the website if anyone is interested, http://www.capemaytimes.com/cape-may-county/zoo/. I went into the aviary with the full knowledge that I could be shit upon yet again. When I went in I was greeted by this guy.

What a character. He thought he could dance like Michael Jackson, but he was really as talented as Kenny Main (I hope I spelled his name right), when he was on Dancing with the Stars. If I got to close to his cage, he would hurry over, hissing the whole time. I have never heard a bird hiss before, how funny was this. I went over to another bird and he was causing such a fuss I turned around. When I did this is what he did.

I stayed there for about 15 minutes with this guy laughing. I am sure there are security cameras in there and I am positive that whoever was watching was saying "look at this whack job." The following pictures were taken inside the aviary. If anyone knows what the names of these birds are, I would greatly appreciate it if you could tell me. I have these pictures on my flickr site and I would like to identify them better then some type or some breed of duck, swan, etc. Thank you.




Oh - and by the way, I made it out unscathed.

This little one was funny too. There wasn't to many visitor's at the zoo this day and when this one saw me, he just started honking and waddling around the enclosure.









He had beautiful blue eyes and I managed to get this picture.













I was taking a picture of the bobcat when one of the zoo keepers was walking by. He told me that the tiger had just been fed and that I could probably get some good pictures. I asked him where in the enclosure the tiger was? He said you can't miss him. Well guess what - I couldn't find him. I stood there for a while trying to find this 400-500 pound tiger. That when standing on its hind legs is over nine feet tall. Didn't I feel like a dope. Well the tiger finally moved. He was in the corner where a lot of leaves had accumulated and there are bushes on the outside of the enclosure. He just blended right in. I didn't feel like to much of a dope anymore. Unfortunately where he was, I wasn't able to get many good pictures of him. I decided to come back later. When I did, there was this guy there. He was saying "Ah aren't you a pretty boy Rocky" and so on. He says to me that he comes everyday to see Rocky and that Rocky loves him. OH OKAY. Now Rocky is laying there looking at this guy growling and bearing his teeth.
I'm thinking "buddy I don't think Rocky loves you. I think he is still hungry."
This picture was in our local newspaper of Rocky and what he thinks of the snow.

So now I'm thinking that Rocky may love the snow more. Or I could be wrong.
Well, it is time for me to stop writing and do something around the house. Until next time, I hope everyone has had a wonderful weekend.

1 comment:

Ralph said...

Those are some great pictures.

I want to wish you a very merry Christmas.
Ralph