Sunday, December 30, 2007

Trains, Trains Everywhere

There was an ad in our free paper to go see a train display. The ad said the display was 28' x 32'. Now most women, myself included, cannot visualize how big or small this is. We must actually see it to understand the size. So camera in hand, down I went. The display was on the second floor of the owners garage.

This is the first thing I saw on the front of the garage.

This was on the wall going up the steps. A train calendar from 1944.

When I got upstairs I just stood there for awhile trying to take it all in. There were trains, villages, tunnels and bridges all around. The gentleman who had set this all up was there. He just sat there watching people with a grin on his face. If you had a question, he would answer, but wouldn't explain any futher then the question asked. I took close to 50 pictures of this room yesterday, and here are seven of them. Hopefully you will enjoy them as much as I did.








1 comment:

nora leona said...

What a cool display. I just love those quirky out-of-the-way things. I'm glad that you went - and shared the photographs!