Saturday, November 17, 2007

Simple Pleasures

Yesterday I decided I wanted to go out and enjoy some of the simple pleasures of Cape May County. On my way to the supermarket I came across this -

This is along Fulling Mill Road going toward Rio Grande. I just love all the colors of fall. And it felt like a fall day. The wind was blowing and it was very chilly.






After I got home and put everything away. I decided it was time to venture down to Cape May Point. As I was driving down Sunset Blvd. I decided to go to the end and see what was happening in the Bay and the Sunken Ship. When I got out of the car I was nearly blown away by the wind. However, it was worth it.




This is also known as the concrete ship by the locals. Sadly, there isn't much left. With numb hands, I went to Cape May Point Park and took a walk along the path.

Almost at the end of the path, I saw this


I went up on a pathway to the ocean and was surprised how calm the ocean was. I looked up and captured this

All in all it was a very good day. It did my heart good to go out and enjoy the simple pleasures of life.

2 comments:

nora leona said...

Great photographs!
I lived in south Jersey (Riverton) for five years. One of the first things I did when I moved there was to visit Cape May. I think it is just beautiful.

I drove there for my birthday (May 19) one year. I went by myself and took a picnic. I was chilly and windy but I was thrilled to be there -- I love being by the ocean. I grew up in landlocked Indiana and am in awe of the power of water.

I was taking a bite of my sandwich when I sea gull swooped down and took it out of my hands! I laughed until I cried. It was a great birthday!

LauraHinNJ said...

Thanks for sharing these pics of one of my favorite places in the world. Great blog! I'll be bacl!