Monday, June 1, 2009

Day 9

Well the storm yesterday morning past and the sun came out. I got myself showered with intentions of going to the Point.

This is what I was up against.
After the time he had with the storm. All scared. Crying and shaking, I had to let him rest. I figured with me going in and out of the house, he would get the hint and go out. But no. He was exhausted.

I was sitting on the back deck and looked into the tree. I saw a squirrel. I had seen this squirrel yesterday, but didn't think too much of it.

So now that I was here and not the Point, I decided it was photo session time.


I felt sorry for this little girl. She looked so dejected and lonely.

During the photo session, Mr. Cardinal was singing away.


It's a bad picture. He was behind a lot of leaves and turned his head just when I had the perfect shot. Yeah right. That's like the fish that got away line.
Walking around some more, I seen my baby in the window giving the evil eye look. She is very good at that look. Only problem, I laugh. Which pisses her off even more. Oh well. She always gets over it.

Back to the squirrel. One look at that cute little face and feeling sorry for her again, I went to the store for peanuts. I hulled some and left some whole. Got a small container of water. Grabbed the ladder and out I went. I put the peanuts and water on the shed roof.


Would you look at that cute little face.
There was other sights to see in my neighborhood. For one this beautiful sky.


But for me, the kookie animal lovin fool I am, it was all about the squirrel.
She finally was on the move. She was gathering leaves and small branches from the tree to build her nest I guess.
All these pictures were taken over the course of the morning and afternoon. She never left the tree. I don't think I have ever seen a squirrel that wasn't constantly on the move.
I keep saying her. Click on the photo and you'll see what I mean. The only thing I don't know now is if she had babies already or is she getting ready to have them.

4 comments:

JC said...

Nice Photos...

Kay said...

Love this adorable photos. Your kitty really does have a scary evil look. Wow!

MmeBenaut said...

Lisa, your little squirrel is so cute - you must give HER a name! That last photo is a corker!

Mare said...

You are too funny with that squirrel!!