Tuesday, October 27, 2009

It's raining again. This is getting old. We have a couple days of beautiful sunshine, only to cloud over for several days of rain. Ugh. Grr.

Started the day with making beef stew in the crock pot. Nice comfort food for a rainy day. The recipe is quick and easy. I don't remember if I shared this or not, but here is the recipe. (I cut up the veggies the day before)

2 lbs. beef cubes
1/4 to 1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper
1 tsp. paprika
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cup beef broth
1/2 clove minced garlic
4 carrots
2 onions (minced)
1 stalk celery
3 potatoes (diced)
1 bay leaf (optional)

Mix flour, salt, pepper & paprika together. Put beef cubes in crock pot (use the slow cooker bags for easy clean-up), add flour mixture and mix. Add the remaining ingredients and stir. Cover and cook 10 to 12 hours low heat or 4 to 6 hours high heat.

I add more celery and potatoes to my stew. Along with frozen peas. I do not use bay leaf. Turns out wonderful every time. Enjoy.

Next stop, pick up fresh rolls. Then a ride along the bay front.

Not really much to see, but I did come across this moored sailboat.


Not very often that we see this in the bay. Was a pretty sight.
The annual luminary walk at Cold Spring Village is next Saturday. On my way to the eye doctor, I stopped to buy my ticket.
Cold Spring Village is beautiful this time of year. Rain or shine.






Hope wherever you are, the sun is shining. If not, I hope you are enjoying your autumn as much as I am enjoying mine.

3 comments:

Kay said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful fall day with us. You are very kind to share your stew recipe with us. It's so hot and muggy over here right now that I'll have to save this for sometime in February.

bobbie said...

Your Cold Spring Village pictures are rally beautiful.

You do know how to enjoy life, whatever the season.
Hope this rain clears away quickly.

MmeBenaut said...

Beautiful photos Lisa.