Saturday, January 30, 2010

Here we go any with the snow

All week they have talked about snow. First it was eight inches. Then a coating to one inch starting last Saturday afternoon.

Let me tell you the best profession. Meteorology. Doesn't matter if your right or wrong, you still get paid.

They were wrong AGAIN. It started snowing around 9:30 this morning. And it's still snowing.

My day consisted of laundry, dusting, cleaning out and organizing the kitchen cabinets. I'm still not done the kitchen, but getting there. Next vacuuming and shoveling. At least the snow is light and fluffy.

Decided to take a walk. Stopped at Bobbie's to give her some stuff. Started around the block. This was the view of our main road. Isn't that pink building hideous?




A neighbors mailbox.

My friend's holly tree.

Then wouldn't you know my batteries died and I didn't have replacements with me. So I walked home to drop off the camera and continue on my walk.
A couple of cars passed and seemed to be having some traction problems.
With numb hands and toes, time to go home for some hot chocolate. Replace the batteries and go out back to see if any birds were visiting the feeders.
I believe this is a dark-eyed junco.


While I was loading my pictures I looked out the window and saw my neighbor shoveling the lawn.

This is what happens when you have a little dog.

They are expecting it to snow until at least 4 in the morning.
I hate snow. I think this is the third of fourth time this winter that it has snowed. It never snows this often.
Well never say never.

2 comments:

bobbie said...

You got some great shots. I got one of you, trudging up the street, ankle deep.

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean. I hated snow, too -- when I lived in New york!