Sunday, January 31, 2010

The day after the snow

Was quite cold this morning, but at least there was a pretty sunrise.

Last night, while out have a cigarette, the friendly neighborhood possum decided to come out. It was funny to watch her through the snow. It looked like she was doggie paddling.

This is the path that she created.

This is our coating to two inches of snow.

The news this morning said we got 9.5 inches of snow.
Well hot damn, I think they got one right.
The birds came out to raid the feeders. With this much snow, they need us to help keep them fed.
This pretty girl must love the camera.


Nice pose.


Looking around at all the white shit, I saw this pretty reflection.


The back deck offered these paw prints.

And this is probably the creature that made them.


Took a ride to the convenience store this morning. Found the roads snow covered and a bit slippery.
Later in the morning, I got bored and decided to go to the food market. The temperatures have gone up and some sections of the roads have melted. A lot of sections have not. Several people spun wheels and fish tailed.
I've had my adventure for the day. Time to stay in and relax.

4 comments:

bobbie said...

That first photo is really beautiful!

Anonymous said...

I never cared for snow, even though it is pretty while it falls. Can't tolerate the cold, either.

Mare said...

There are a pair of cardinals who stop by every evening at 5 PM at the feeders. Like clockwork! And they are beautiful.

MmeBenaut said...

I love your snow and bird photos Lisa but the paw prints tugged at my heart strings. I do love looking at the snow.