Sunday, January 10, 2010

Weekend review & pound cake recipe

Friday evening brought on a headache.

Saturday, woke up with a headache, but wanting to keep with my New Years goal, started with the bedroom.

I got all the drawers cleaned out and organized before tackling the closet.

I had stored my old TV in the closet. You never know when this may come in handy, but decided it was time to get rid of it.

Our trash guys will take a lot of things that we put out, but they won't take TV's. So I just packed up the car and head for our dump.

By now, my head is pounding, but I was on a mission.

The guy in the booth was very nice and told me where the TV was to go. After getting rid of trash and recycle, I headed over to the dumpster he told me.

There was another guy there who appeared to be organizing the dumpster. I only saw computer monitors and asked him if this was the place for TV's. He mumbled something that I could not hear and asked him to repeat himself. The asshole practically yelled at me. Telling it was and that he would get it. Pissing me off, I told him that I could handle the TV on my own. And that I didn't want him to hurt himself. Let alone do the job that he was getting paid for. Anyway, he ended up getting the TV and literally throwing in the dumpster. I told him he was an arrogate SOB and left. I can only imagine what he was calling me.

Anyway, when I was cleaning out the closet, I came across my pictures from my Maine trip in 2003.

I scanned them in the computer and added some of my favorites.

Now remember the quality isn't all that great. These were pre-digital.

My favorite spot.
Perkin's Cove.
Marginal Way at Perkin's Cove.

Nubble Lighthouse

Portland Head Lighthouse

Portland Coastline
If you would like to see the other photos from this trip, visit my flickr site.
We went on a bus trip. I must say that this was one of the best trips I have been on.
By evening though, my head had enough. This was one of the worst migraines that I have had yet. My vision was blurry. My eyes hurt looking at the TV. Any light was painful. I had the sick to my stomach feeling. And no matter where or how I put my head, was painful.
Today is much better. Only a dull ache.
Went food shopping this morning. Our supermarket is having their can-can sale. Saved over $50.00.
The cashier I decided to go to today would not stop talking and was very sloooow. I was trying to figure out something to say where she would stop talking and just ring my purchase without hurting her feelings. What I really wanted to tell her was, 'shut up and scan my purchases so I can get out of here. I have a date with my Kitchen Aide to make a pound cake and a date with my couch.' I'm cranky today. I didn't say anything, but decided I would never go to her line again.
The pound cake is out of the oven and if I do say so myself, smells delicious.
This is a cake that gets better the longer it sits.
Anyway, here's the recipe.
Dump Pound Cake
1/2 lb. butter
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 cups flour
2 even tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp. vanilla
In large mixing bowl or Kitchen Aide, put ingredients in order given. Mix for 20 minutes.
Put in greased and floured bundt or tube pan.
Place in oven and bake at 350 degrees for 55 to 60 minutes.
DO NOT PREHEAT OVEN.
Cool in pan 10 minutes. Remove from pan and cool completely on wire rack.
Enjoy.

3 comments:

bobbie said...

SOUNDS SCRUMPTIOUS!

SORRY YOU'VE HAD A BAD DAY THOUGH. I WAS GOING TO CALL YOU, BUT WON'T NOW THAT I KNOW YOUR HEAD HURTS.

TAKE CARE.

Rachel said...

Sorry about your lousy day but you got quite a bit accomplished anyway it seems!

I love your Maine photos! What a pretty place. I'd love to visit Maine some day. I'll bet that lighthouse has been painted many times by artists! So pretty!!

Hope the headache is all gone by now. Poundcake sounds great!

Dianne said...

I can't believe how much you got done with a headache the whole time!

I love the photos, especially the lighthouse
I have to get a scanner, I have thousands of photos