Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Raccoon

This morning I went out to feed the kittens. Ralphy greeted me with a very high pitched meow and seemed skittish. Yipper wasn't around. I really don't worry as much about Yipper as I do Ralphy. Even though Ralphy is way bigger then Yip, Yip has attitude and can take care of herself.

Anyway, I called for her, but she didn't show. Ralphy was still skittish and kept looking around. It's still dark, but I went to the top of the step to look around. Mind you I don't have my contacts in or my glasses on, but along side of the house, I could make something out. I went in for the flashlight. Shining the flashlight and squinting I saw the biggest raccoon I have ever since. No wonder Ralphy was so skittish.

Instead of running inside for the camera, I grabbed a scrub brush that hadn't yet made it back to where it should be, and tossed it at the coon. He/she didn't even look. So there I stood between this big ass raccoon and my Ralphy. Several minutes later, he/she waddled off into the back yard.

3 comments:

bobbie said...

Another one?! Or maybe the same one came back. Did you let Ralphy inside? Maybe they like your house because you feed the kittens outside and they want their share.

Kay said...

Uh oh! Looks like you've been spammed. I wish there was a way to prevent this. It's so irritating, isn't it?

Next time, don't forget your camera so you can get a shot of that raccoon. They're not exactly friendly though so you have to be careful.

MmeBenaut said...

I don't think I've ever seen a Raccoon, Lisa - let alone a big-assed one!! Poor Ralphy.