Thursday, February 4, 2010

Blizzard?????

That is the question.

We had more snow yesterday. It was pretty, but the temps rose and most of what we got yesterday melted. However, what we got over the past weekend still remains.

Then there was talk of another major storm coming this way for this weekend.

They had us in a winter advisory for Friday and Saturday with snow accumulations of 5 to 12 inches. This is enough to make people flock to the stores for milk and bread. Enough just to piss me off. Then I heard on the radio about an hour ago that we are now in a blizzard warning with snow accumulations of 12 to 24 inches with very high winds. I can only imagine what the stores look like now.

I went to our convenience store for milk. Not because of the snow. But because I love my milk and I was almost out.

People here at work are asking if Town Hall will close. Oh for Pete's sake. It hasn't even started to snow. It may or may not. After all they were way wrong last weekend. We'll find out Friday and Saturday. Stay tuned.

Just in case though, I will be going back to the store for cigarettes. I know. Nasty habit and I should give it up, but I'm not ready yet.

5 comments:

Mare said...

We call what you described...going shopping for 'snow food' Hope you have hot chocolate and a good book to read so that you can enjoy the snow from the inside while toasty warm.

Anonymous said...

My daughter started smoking when she was just 13. She will be 28 this month. I believe she could quit if she set her mind to it. After all, her father quit cold turkey at age 30.

Rachel said...

From the news I'd say you got some snow! Keep warm!!

MmeBenaut said...

Milk and cigarettes would be on my list too Lisa!

Dianne said...

Hope you're doing OK!!
I saw where Bobbie has no power

stay safe

hugs to the kitties