Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Just an update

Received another call from the police station warning us of the impending weather.

Have some pictures to share. Amazingly enough, I really didn't take too many.


Down holly tree branch on my neighbor's fence.
See the light spot?
That's where the branch broke off.

My lilac bush Saturday during the storm.
My lilac bush today.
Can you see the broken branches?

Snow piled on little roof.
It looks like a lot, but there was must more.
I got most of it off today,
but I'm not tall enough
and the shovels not long enough
to get all the snow off.
It will have to do.
It's been raining all day. Now it started to snow. It is wind driven and very wet snow.
I'm hunkered down. I'm just going to sit on my ass and relax awhile. I deserve it.

3 comments:

Dianne said...

it's still snowing here, no rain but the snow is very heavy and wet

stay safe

Bobbie posted about all that's been happening
and about how you shoveled her out
you're a great person Lisa!!

bobbie said...

If anyone deserves to sit down and take it easy, you do! I only wish you could be doing it in sunshine - not too warm, because I know you like cool weather - but sunshine.

MmeBenaut said...

We had a wind storm yesterday Lisa but it was hot, dry wind and the temperature was about 104ºF. I do so love the snow but I guess I didn't realise that it can cause so much damage. We have trees down every now and then but it is usually lack of water and heat stress that brings them down, occasionally a flash flood or water laden foliage.
Your house does look postcard pretty in the photo though.