Wednesday, February 10, 2010

More

Got an automated call from the police last night. They are expecting rain, sleet, ice, more snow and heavy winds with this storm. Some are still without power and some who have power will probably lose it. (OH NO! NOT AGAIN!) If we must evacuate, it is to our local fire department where New Jersey Transit buses will bus us to Wildwood Convention Center.

They're fucking crazy if they think I'm going there. My neighbor works in Wildwood and he said most of the island still is without power and the streets are worst then ours.

I started calling neighbors who only have cellphones and knew they wouldn't get the call. We are all keeping our finger and toes crossed that we don't lose power.

While on the phone, the electric truck showed up on Nevada Avenue and without a 1/2 hour had power restored to them. Called that friend and told her she had electric. she was happy. Her sister-in-law checked the freezer and so far everything is still frozen. her and her mom are expected back Sunday.

It started to snow again last night. Around 8:30 we had a quarter inch, but you could also hear sleet.

I think I am getting sick. My ears have been hurting for a while now. Now I have a sore throat and running nose. I called my boss and told him I wasn't coming in again. I'm exhausted and my body hurts in places I didn't know existed. I was hoping that a good night sleep would help.

Woke up this morning to rain. Better then snow. But with the snow and sleet we had last night, has made for a slushy mess. Already shoveled my front walk.

If you pray, please say a pray for all of us here in Jersey. If you don't pray, please send us good thoughts.

No comments: