Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Here we go again


They are forecasting yet another major storm for our area. Snow totals are varying. Some say 12 inches. Some say four inches.
Doesn't matter to me. Any amount is way toooo much.
I'm at the southern portion of Jersey. This map is indicating 'significant snowfall'.
I had made a deal with my bosses son to shovel. But somehow I have a feeling I'm going to be doing a lot of shoveling again. See I'm anal. I like to keep up on the shoveling so that 1-is easier then waiting until the snow's over and 2-there isn't a lot of ice on the deck and walk.
Yesterday it rained and a lot of the previous snow melted. The problem is the ground is super wet. When I brought my trash can back, I just sunk in the ground. My concern with this new storm, is high winds. With the ground as soggy as it is, I fear trees will be uprooted. I already lost the top of my holly tree. I'm just hoping that with all the bamboo in and around the holly tree, that holds.
So starting at lunch today, I'm going to fill my water jugs, do a load of laundry and fill my tub.
Wish us luck.

1 comment:

bobbie said...

Yet again! I have a doctor's appointment tomorrow too. Have a feeling it will be postponed - again. At least I remembered to park the car farther toward the street this time.