Sunday, March 2, 2008

Reminiscing - Part 2

When I was in grade school, my parents and I went to Bermuda. My dad belonged to a club that offered this trip. Danny of course didn't go because he would not get on an airplane. We went several times and once my Gram came with us.

Our hotel was pink and on top of a hill. Our rooms overlooked the ocean. What an ocean with shades of blues and greens.

(My dad and I)

My dad and his friend, Dave, would rent mopeds and go exploring. I remember one time they came back to the hotel and my dad's leg was bloody. Here a dump truck had ran them off the road. My dad being a good natured guy, just cleaned it up and enjoyed the rest of the trip.


I remember we went to a dolphin show, an area that had exotic birds and a horse and buggy ride. On this ride we past an Esso gas station. We had to get a picture of this because my dad had an Esso station which of course had a name change to Exxon.


At the hotel, they had a room where you could play Bingo and horse racing. The best part about this, no age requirement. What fun. One time I walked up to get my ticket. I didn't know what horse I wanted to bet on so I said "Number 8 please." Well Number 8 came in. The guy across the aisle said, "I am going to kill the person that got that." I tried to pass the ticket off to my mom, who promptly said "No. You won. You take it up." I took the ticket up to the desk. I was the only one who won. I remember there was a bunch of chuckling and laughing in the room. The guy who was going to kill the person who won laughed himself silly and congratulated me on my win. Whew. I actually came home with more money than I went with.


Another thing I remember is one of the guys, who was part of the group fished. He actually fished the entire trip. When we were getting ready to leave, he called the desk and asked if someone could pack his fish for him. Here he put his catch in the bathtub and just kept covering it with ice. I guess fishing was more important to him then a bath. Luckily we did not have to sit near him on the plane.


We always went to Bermuda in November and when we came home it was snowing. The weather was so bad once we were diverted to another airport. There was a big hubbub happening in the terminal. It was a former vice-president, but I cannot remember which one.


(My Mom)


(My Gram)

I know I have more pictures of the trips to Bermuda, but I haven't came across them yet.

Well anyway, return to Bermuda one day is added to my bucket list.

2 comments:

bobbie said...

Nice one, Lisa. And I especially love the pictures you used - you and your dad, and the one of your mom.

Shelly said...

Hey Lisa,
What great memories, I love it that your grandma went with you guys. I went to Japan with my grandma when I was 20, it gave me so many memories and a great bond with her.