Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Coming to life, Dancing & potato chips

This past weekend was beautiful. Cool in the mornings and warming up as the day worn on. Sunday I finished my book as I was sitting on my back deck. I'm in love and going to enjoy that deck this year.



Anyway, I did more than just read this weekend. I spent a lot of time outside and couldn't help noticing how everything is 'coming to life.' There are patches of green grass. Buds on trees. Daffodil's and hyacinth's either pushing through the earth or blooming. Buds on my lilac and dogwood trees. The branches of my Japanese Red maples getting even more red. More and more robins. I love these little birds. I call them 'little soldier birds.' Take the time and really watch them. If you don't have a smile on your face, something is wrong with you:o) They run flat out with head down. Only to stop and stand at attention. Last week I was watching one. He was standing still, body low to the ground with head cocked to one side. That quick his beak was in the ground for a meal. Funny bird.



Soon my swallows will be back to re-establish their nest. I hope they have lots of babies like last year. And most of all, those beautiful jewel's of the bird world, the hummer's, will be returning. I can't wait.



Listen to me. The lover of winter getting excited with all this 'coming to life'. Don't think that I am reformed. Soon enough I'll be bitching about how hot and humid it is and can't wait until winter. But until then I will enjoy this weather and my surroundings.



****************************


Any 'Dancing with the Stars' fans out there? Who's your favorite? Me I love Ty. I was laughing his first dance. His second dance smiling. As with his performance last night. He is such a joy to watch. And has improved so much in such a short period of time. Well they have only had three dances so far. Anyway he has great expressions. Most of the time he looks like a deer in headlights. But when he smiles, his whole face just warms.


How about his wife Jewel. She was supposed to compete against Ty, but injury has left her sidelined. Well she sang 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' last week. Let me just say, I was in tears. Her range of voice is something. If you want to see her performance, click here. The link is from You Tube. If the link doesn't work, go to You Tube and type "Jewel - Somewhere Over the Rainbow (on Dancing With the Stars).
********************************
Last night I had the worst night's sleep. I was tossing and turning. Had night sweats and nightmares. Only one thing will do this to me. MSG. Thinking of what I ate the night before. I had Lays barbecue potato chips. I had a small bag, and was munching on them while watching 'Dancing'. I had another bag in work. When I remembered I checked the ingredients. Wouldn't you know it. They have MSG. Who would have thought. I guess I am going to have to find something else to snack on at night. So if MSG effects you in any way, don't eat Lays barbecue potato chips.
**************************
Well that's all I have for now. Until next time, enjoy the warm up. Take time to see the 'coming to life'. Watch a robin. Watch Ty. Watch the Jewel video.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your enthusiasm and joy over the birds was a delight to read! I'm anxious for it, too, but know the hot weather, the really sticky stuff, will be here soon enough, and a bazillion bugs along with it! Ugh!

Marla said...

I watch dancing with the stars sometime, but not enough to have a favorite. We had some nice warm weather last week and now it's supposed to snow this week. I am so sick of winter.

Kay said...

I do miss spring here in Hawaii! It was my favorite time of year. I watched the last two Dancing with the Stars. I can't remember who everybody is but so far I like the gymnast and the cowboy.

Dianne said...

I'm so glad you're enjoying your deck!!

I love Gilles - he's sexy and sweet and a good dancer
and I have a soft spot for Steve-O - he's been clean for a year, he's being serious, and he keeps on going even though he keeps on hurting himself

Mare said...

I watch Dancing with the Stars. I am amazed by the Olympic gymnast who is very young. I think Bruno has been a bit tough on some of the contestants.
I am so ready for spring, and I'll be looking for the signs like your post said!

Cliff said...

Good for you with the beginning of spring. We might have it too. The forecasters can't seem to forget the 'snow' word though.
Not a fan of DWS.
Now I'm going to sit back and listen to The wreck of the Edmond F. I've been thinking of having a decal made for my new boat with that name. Probably not a good idea, Eh?

MmeBenaut said...

Ah Spring! So wonderful, even though we are in autumn (fall) right now. I'd love to watch those little robins!

I watched the Jewel video - I've always been a fan of hers and bought her very first CD years ago and still play it. She certainly sang Somewhere over the Rainbow beautifully!

Lay off the Lays seems to be the message here Lisa - thanks for the tip!