Tuesday, March 17, 2009

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY

HAPPY ST. PADDY'S DAY EVERYONE!!!!


I have no pictures to share, but while reading my Woman's World magazine, I came across this recipe and thought I'd share. I haven't made them yet, but anything made with booze and chocolate can't be bad. Right???


Bailey's Irish Cream Cupcakes


3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

3/4 cup hot water

6 Tbsp. + 1 cup butter, at room temperature

1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour

3/4 cup sugar

3/4 cup packed dark brown sugar

1 1/4 tsp. baking powder

3/4 tsp. baking soda

1/2 tsp. salt

3/4 cup buttermilk

2 eggs

1/4 cup mini chocolate chips

1 pkg. (1 lb.) confectioners' sugar

1/4 cup Irish cream liqueur, such as Baileys or heavy cream

1/8 tsp. + additional leaf green concentrated food coloring

Shamrock sugar decorations, optional


Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line 18 muffin cups with liners.

In bowl, mix cocoa and hot water until dissolved; reserve.

Melt 6 Tbsp. butter, reserve


In bowl, mix flour with next five ingredients. Whisk in buttermilk, eggs, melted butter and cocoa mixture. Stir in chips. Divide among liners. Bake 18-22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Transfer from pan to racks to cool.


On medium-high speed, beat remaining butter until fluffy. Gradually beat in confectioners sugar until blended. Add liqueur; beat until light and fluffy, 2 minutes. Beat in 1/8 tsp. food coloring until blended.


If desired, fit large star tip into pastry bag. Using paintbrush, starting at tip of bag, paint 2-3 lines of food coloring along inside, ending 1" from edge. Place bag in glass; fill with frosting. Pipe or with spoon spread frosting over cupcakes. If desired, decorate with shamrocks.

9 comments:

bobbie said...

Now you're gonna get high on cupcakes? Pretty good! You go, girl!

Anonymous said...

Remember, don't eat cupcakes and drive!!

Lisa said...

booze and chocolate... yummmmmmm... I'm getting drunk just thinking about it. :)

Kay said...

Oooooh! This does sound delicious! Have a very happy St. Patrick's Day!

MmeBenaut said...

Hi Lisa! Have just been catching up on your blog so: I'm so glad that the kitties came home - I can understand how worried you must have been.
Also, it must be wonderful to have the heating fixed. I would have been terrified without heating in that freezing weather! I can't use a shovel either (due to back injury) so I would have been really snowed in and feeling quite helpless.

Happy Birthday Bobbie!

And finally Lisa, Happy St Patrick's Day too.

Sorry I've not visited for a while - I'm really busy preparing for my house guests and in autumn, things are busy in the garden too.

Ralph said...

Those do sound good and hardly any calories!
Nice green font for St Patrick's Day.
Ralph

Marla said...

Happy Late St. Patricks Day to you! The cupcakes look pretty good!

Cliff said...

I'll need to hide this recipe from my wife. She's a bit taken with Baileys.
Glad to hear the cat is on the 'go' again.

Gretchen said...

I was waiting for the liqueur. :) Can't be a good Irish recipe without it.