Tuesday, March 3, 2009

They're back

Yes. Both my kittens are back. Ralphy was under the neighbor's deck. He would cry and stand there. When I went near, he'd go back under the deck. This broke my heart. He's my buddy. He always comes to me. I'd go back on my deck calling for him. He would come to the opening and cry. Breaking my heart even more. He would try, and it was then I realized that being the heavy weight he is, he couldn't walk on the snow like a lighter cat could. Out came the shovel. I shoveled a path around my deck to my fence. Then reaching over, cleared a path on my neighbor's property. Yes I trespassed. Well sort of. I wasn't actually on her property. I just cleared a path. And it isn't her property anyway. She a renter. But do I care? Hell no. I do anything for my babies.

I came back on my deck trying to coax Ralphy, when along came Yipper. I called to her, thought she was coming home, but went under the deck with Ralphy. Well at least I knew that she was okay. And they were together.

A little while later I went to see if they were on the deck and YES, Yipper was home and eating. She was still alittle skittish, but she was home. Later after that, I went to check and was greeted with a friendly meow. YES Ralphy was home.

Then came the food feast. Dry food, can food, warm milk. Surprisingly, Yipper was the pig. She couldn't get enough. Ralphy only ate some dry food, some can food and a little bit of the milk. As I type this, he is contently lying by my foot. Happy to be home as I am happy to have him home. I wish that Yipper would come in, but she never does. I have tried, but it stresses her out to much.

I am a happy girl right now. My kittens are home where they belong. Safe and sound. And I have heat. What more could a girl ask for.

7 comments:

Kay said...

What a relief! I'm so happy for you! Glad to hear the kittens are getting food, warmth and comfort now.

bobbie said...

I'm so glad they are home. I'm sure they are just as glad. And I know how you feel about it. All's right with the world again.

Anonymous said...

Wow! I'm a little behind the times, getting around to visit "my blogs" so I didn't catch your previous post, only the good news. My guys stay indoors, but nothing freaks me out like the possibility of them sneaking past me at an open door. I'm always doing nose counts! So glad for you, Lisa!!

Dianne said...

I read on Bobbie's blog that they were missing and came right over hoping to read exactly what I'm reading

thank goodness!

have you ever considered one of those cat playpen things - they make them really large - you can add on to them and customize them - kind of like those hamster things, except these are wire and made for cats

a neighbor has them ever since one of her cats just barely missed being hit by a car - he too hated to be inside. now he's outside but safe

Rachel said...

I'm so happy they came back!! When my cats are missing I'm out there calling and looking for them. It is stressful to say the least! So glad they are okay!!

Cliff said...

I've been absent from here and things really fell apart while I was gone.
I'm glad the cats are back if you are.
I hope the furnace is good to go for a while.
Wouldn't the word be
's kittyish'?

Gretchen said...

I'm so glad to hear they're back where they belong!