Sunday, March 1, 2009

Will they be right?

Will who be right, you ask? The meteorologists. Yesterday we were in a winter storm watch. As I type this, we are in a winter storm warning. They are calling for 6 to 14 inches of snow. Ugh.

Did you ever notice that before it snows, it gets very quiet. It is very quiet outside. So I guess we'll get something. How much? We'll see. If the amount of milk left at Wawa is an indicator, we won't be getting much. People tend to panic with the mention of snow. Running to the store for milk and bread. To the gas station for gas. I always found this funny. If we get 14 inches of snow, where do you think your going? Unless you're me and you'll be shoveling because you have to go to work.

Tonight is another owl watch at Jake's Landing. I will probably not be going. Who knows. They may have cancelled already. It is supposed to start snowing early this evening into tomorrow.

Let me start this by saying, 'I do not panic when they talk snow.' I sometimes get into a food making spree. Today was one of those days. Soup is made and cooling. Beef stew in the crock pot. Brownies cooling. Egg salad made for lunches. I am still itching to make something else, but I'm at a loss. I did buy double stuffed oreo's today. If I have chocolate, maybe I will dip some.

I'm jumping all over the place again, so let me jump to the past. My mom had a thing with snowmen. Not THAT kind of thing. She collected them. When I was at a craft show, there was a snowman yard sign that said 'Let it Snow.' I bought it for her for a Christmas gift. We put it out. It seemed like every weekend it snowed. The sign was cursed. Me being the lover of snow, put it in the shed. Couple of weeks later, it snowed. Seeing the damn sign out, I put it back in the shed. My brother, who loved snow, kept bring it out. This game continued the rest of the winter. The next winter it made its appearance again. Same thing. This game between my brother and me last for years. Until he died. The sign is still in the shed. I don't have the heart to get rid of it. Mind you, it will never see the light of day again.

Well that's about all I have to say. Until next time, have fun.



Update: It was sleeting for an hour or so.


Went out a little while ago to find about a 1/2 inch of snow already on the ground. Because of the sleet, I shoveled the front deck and walk. Hopefully that will lessen the ice a bit. I would take some pictures, but my camera doesn't take good night time photos.

4 comments:

bobbie said...

I may not see the light of day again if we get as much as they are talking about. But we rarely do.

bobbie said...

I did what was required by your award. It should be posted by the time you get home from work Monday. And, thanks again!!

MmeBenaut said...

You could post that sign over to me Lisa and with any luck it might bring us some rain at least! We had almost no rain for the entire month of February but now that we've reached autumn, hopefully the skies might open up and drench our parched land.
I'm so glad that you love the snow - I love it too although I have to travel far from home to see any. Some Adelaide people have never seen snow ever - just think what they're missing out on!

Kay said...

I'm so sorry you lost your brother, Lisa. I hope you don't get quite that much snow. Shoveling was never the thing I liked best to do unless it was light and fluffy.