Saturday, February 28, 2009

Post Oscars, last week and future weather

So the Oscar party was a success. There were games. There were people cheating. (Me and a couple others.) I don't go to the movies often. The last time I went to the movies was to see 'Wild Hogs'. What was that, a couple years ago.



The food was wonderful. We had a cheese platter, bacon and sausage pinwheels, salad, mac and cheese, chicken cacciatore, another chicken dish, baked ziti. The best was dessert. Lemon squares, toffee, mini cheesecakes, my all time fav, chocolate covered double stuffed oreos.



I won the best supporting actor category, but I guess it was a given that Heath Ledger would win. Don't get me wrong, I thought he was a great actor. I feel sorry for the family to have lost someone at such a young age.



I must say that I personally hated Whoopi's dress. At ceramics they were saying that she was talking about it on 'The View'. Whoopi said that she liked it and it was comfortable. Got to respect her for that.



The Oscar's are over. So until next year, I'll be working on dipping some double stuffed.



**********************************


The week was uneventful. Well were I work, there is always some excitement, but I'm not going there. It's the weekend.


Monday was line dance. Oh, how I love that. Great way to get some exercise and to release tension. Monday is week 5. Only five more weeks to go. :o(


Tuesday was yoga. Another great way to exercise and to release tension. I have to say that Tuesday night is my best nights sleep. I would highly recommend yoga to anyone. You go at your own pace. Do what you can do.


Wednesday was ceramics. I finished a Christmas gift for this year and cleaned another piece. I enjoy going, but I am running out of stuff to make. I starting on stuff for outside, but my gardens are starting to look like villages. Pretty soon they will be all ceramics and no flowers. Ahh that won't happen. I enjoy my gardens.


Thursday and Friday were boring.


Today was kinda a lazy day. I did do some chores around the house. There was a yoga benefit for the SPCA's of New Jersey that I went too. Was total different then Tuesday night. Actually it was down right funny. After some stretches we did yoga dance. Which would have been fine, but it was more of a release then dance. I wish I could share with you, but it is really indescribable.


I visited some Camera Critter. Camera Critters is a fun meme that is really right up my alley. People post pictures of, what else. Critters. Whether it is there own critters or not. If you would like to see for yourself or if you would like to join in the fun, click here. Mine entry for this week is here .


Today was cloudy and damp. Tomorrow will probably be the same. They have us in a winter storm watch. They are saying that we could get up to six inches of snow Sunday night into Monday. Oh joy. It appears that March may come in like a lion.


Anyway, I have bored you enough. Hell I even bored myself with this one. Hopefully the next one will be a bit more exciting.

6 comments:

bobbie said...

Not boring at all. It was fun. I'd like to hear about that other yoga class.

Marla said...

Glad that you had a good time at your Oscar Party. At least you get out of the house often and do something.

Kay said...

I'm enjoying the line dancing, too. Now if I could only remember the steps. Sigh.

Yoga is something I tried once and liked. I'd like to find a place here where I can take it, too. It's on my list of things to do.

Kay said...

By the way, do you have boots for the line dancing?

Cliff said...

I'm more interested in what you don't want to talk about at work. :)
I'm afraid to try yoga for fear they wouldn't be able to get a tractor and loader in the room to get me back up off of the floor.

Ralph said...

It wasn't that boring. I like lazy days once in awhile. Especially if the weather is bad.
You wrote on my post,"Must be Alvin and Theodore. I think there is another one, but I can't remember the names." It was Simon.
Ralph