Sunday, February 1, 2009

Camera, dinner, dog show, Ralphy, My Baby and a recipe

I was talking to my friend and he told me about a camera shop in Vineland. Family owned and this is where he purchased his camera. He gave me the website and saw one I liked.

I'm in the market for a new camera, so I decide on Thursday to take a ride and stop and see what they have. I park in front of the door and what am I greeted with? A sign on the front door saying 'We're moving. See you in a week.' I don't think so. I didn't drive 40 minutes for this. So I go in. Yep. They're moving. Hardly anything in the place. The guy looks at me and I say, 'So. I guess you don't have any camera for me to look at huh?' He asked what I was looking for. I told him and of course they didn't have any in stock. He said probably in a week. I say two. He did give me a pamphlet and I think I have found my new camera. It is an Olympus SP-565 UZ. 10.0 mega pixels - 20x optical zoom - 2.5' LCD monitor. The only thing I don't like is it takes regular batteries. I prefer lithium batteries. I just feel they hold the charge longer. So in a couple of weeks, I will take another ride to their new store and maybe walking out with a new camera.


************************
We ceramic girls went to dinner Friday night. We got there at 6:30 PM and didn't get seated until 8:15 PM. We found out that a dog show was happening in Wildwood and they were telling them to go to the Lobster House for dinner. Of course I must complain. Not only did it take almost two hours to be seated, but they put us on an outside wall. There were five of us sitting on the window side. We froze. Our feet were so numb from the cold we had a hard time walking. And dinner wasn't all that great. I had fillet Mignon and it hardly had any flavor. The french fries were half cooked. The best part was the salad and bread. Needless to say, I will not be going there again. I don't think I'm alone on that.


***************************
So dog show. Can you guess where I went yesterday? I had a fun time. I came across two black lab puppies. They were crated so I could really play with them, but we made do.


Some of the dogs were just to funny. Other's I felt sorry for. Some were just oh so cute.


I noticed that the owners/handlers with the little yipper's were kinda of snobbish. They were primping these little dogs with blow dryers, straighteners and bows. If you got to close to the dog, they would give you a dirty look or say something to you. I felt sorry for these dogs. They looked miserable.


The owners/handlers of the big dogs were more gracious. If you asked, they would let you pet their dog in the head area. They would answer any questions you had.


I have included some pictures here. I am going to post some on my other blog throughout the week. Probably into next week.


The poodle's I felt sorry for.
How would you like a do like this.
I have to say that I love the color of this one.
And don't miss the black one behind snoozing on his pillow.
One of my favorites.
I called this one 'Golden Lane'




This little one was taking it all in.



Ahh. This little one was all tuckered out.


I was there almost three hours. It was a fun time and I hope they come back again next year.


******************************


Ralphy a/k/a Mr. Handsome and I had a photo shoot this morning. He was playing around and actually let me get some good pics of him.

He's handsome and he knows it.
Yes he is a fat cat,
but he is something else.
He is a good cat.



My baby (Lovey) could have cared less that Ralphy was in. She preferred the sun and fresh air.


********************************

For those of you who are going to watch the Super Bowl, enjoy. As for me, I don't watch football, so I will be watching the puppy bowl with kitty half time on animal planet.

********************************

I am leaving you will what I'm having for dinner tonight. Quiche. A friend gave me this recipe several years ago. And let me tell you, it is very-very good. So here's the recipe if your interested. Just a warning. If you are planning on have blood work the week you make this, don't have the blood work done.

1 pie crust

1 Tbsp. softened butter

12 slices of bacon (cooked crisped and crumbled)

1 box of frozen chopped broccoli (cooked and drained. Get as much liquid as possible out of the broccoli as it will make the quiche soggy.)

8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese

8 oz. shredded cheddar cheese

4 eggs

2 cups heavy cream

Line quiche plate with pie crust. Spread with softened butter and chill well.

Spread crumbled bacon in prepared pie crust.

Spread broccoli over bacon.

Mix cheeses and spread over bacon.

In a bowl with a wire whisk, beat eggs and cream together. Pour egg mixture into crust.

Bake 15 minutes in a 425 degree oven. Then reduce heat to 325 degrees and bake for 35 minutes. Quiche is done when knife inserted comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.

I will add photo later.

6 comments:

bobbie said...

I really love that picture of your baby behind the blinds. Do I have to say it? - Shadow Shot!

David said...

Killer camera you have your eyes on. And speaking of killer...that quiche looks wicked my friend!
Nice doggie shots

Gretchen said...

Golden Lane is the one I would never be able to leave. As everyone who knows me knows, Goldens are my babies. I still cry over the loss of my beloved Adonis two years ago.

Lisa said...

Awwww. those cute puppies! I love Golden Lane. Who doesn't love a golden? They're beautiful.

I think I'll do the quiche the day after blood work! lol

Kay said...

I loved seeing all the dog photos. They are so beautiful. Thank you for the quiche recipe. Sounds delicious!

MmeBenaut said...

Wow Lisa, there is so much here to enjoy - you have been busy! The quiche sounds so delicious and it's dinner time here and I'm hungry so my mouth is watering. I love the cats of course but the dogs are cute too.