Monday, February 9, 2009

Tires, Ralphy & my deck

Thursday night I was telling my boss about the tire incident. He tried to play it off. Wasn't happening. The next morning he called me from his cell to tell me my friends tire was flat. I thought he was kidding. He wasn't. Her other tire was flat. She ended up with two new front tires herself.

Bobbie said that we both should file a police report. If nothing else it is on file. But if something else happens at least there is a record. When I was going next door this morning "C" car wasn't there. When I walked into the office she was standing there. I asked her if she parked in the other lot. Yes she had. I asked her if they found a nail or screw in the other flat. They did not. I told her what Bobbie said. She said, "Well you know my tires were old and it could have been a coincidence." I said, "Well you know my tires were only a year and a half - two years old. And is that why you parked in a different lot today." I am thinking about filing the report. I really don't think this was a coincidence.


Anyway, Ralphy my boy was acting pretty funny this afternoon so I took a couple of pics to share.

He spotted his sister in the other yard and went into stalking mode.


Then crouching mode.

He did jump the fence and I have a couple of pics of that, but they aren't pretty.



Friday, my contractor left a message that he would be over Monday or Tuesday to start my deck and that the windows came in for my back deck.

They came and framed up the deck.


The picture makes it look bigger than it really is. When finished it will be 6' x 12'. Big enough for my grill, a swing and maybe a small table and chair set.


They started framing up the opening for the windows. Well they're not really windows. They are called Eze-Breeze sliding panels and they are plastic. I wanted something to keep the rain and wind off the back deck to give me and the kittens some protection. But I still wanted the clear opening for the nicer weather. I haven't seen them yet, but they say they are very nice. I'll post a picture once they're installed.
I felt bad for the kittens during all this today. I seen Yipper from a distance. She was afraid to come anywhere near. Ralphy my boy was easier getting back. I held him for awhile telling him everything was okay. Once he realized that it was, he had to inspect the contractor's workmanship.


Not sure if he approved or not, but it got a thorough inspection. Yipper has since relaxed and settle in. We'll see how she handles it tomorrow.

7 comments:

bobbie said...

I love the picture of the inspector.

Mare said...

How nice to be able to look forward to sitting on your deck!
And with the unusual coincidences about your tire, you might file that police report with or without the other person's report.
Hang in there!

Anonymous said...

I don't know from tires, but that is one cute cat! Bet he did the butt-wiggle thing, too, right?

Ralph said...

It really does look like he is inspecting the work that was done.
Ralph

Dianne said...

I love the inspector shot too!!

How wonderful that you're getting a deck! I'm so pleased for you

Cliff said...

I'm guessing this inspector knows as much about construction as the real one.
This deck deal is exciting and I'm anxious to see the end result.

Marla said...

I well be looking for photos of your new deck when your bork gets done.