Thursday, February 5, 2009

Coincidence????

I'm talking about the tire incident Monday night where my friends came to my rescue. The rescue that took 2 1/2 hours. Where the weather turned windy and cold during this time.

Because I felt soo bad about this, I had decided to get them a gift certificate to a restaurant. A girl we work with has a lovely restaurant that I know my friend's dine at and enjoy very much. She was out sick yesterday, but in today. I was talking to her about the amount of the gift certificate. She asked why I was getting them this. This kinda of surprised me. I thought she had already known about the Monday night saga. As I was telling her the story, she was getting a befuddled look on her face. She asked me what night this happened. I told her. She asked what tire. I told her driver's front. She said, "your not going to believe this, but I had a flat tire Monday night. Driver's side front." What are the chances? We looked at one another. I said, "Boy we're on someones hate list. Maybe it's time to look into getting cameras in the back parking lot." She said that wasn't a bad idea. She asked what the cause of my flat was. I told her I didn't know. I had asked if it was a nail, but they said they couldn't tell. She said that she was picking her tire up today and would find out if she had a nail in hers.

Now I'm kinda pissed off. I mean really. What are the chances that we both have a flat tire the same night and the same tire to boot. I said if someone was that malicious to do this, do it on the back tire. What if we're driving down the road and we had a blow-out. This could have hurt or killed someone. At least if it was a rear tire, we could better control our vehicle. Not to mention that she has young children.

I am really having a hard time with this 'coincidence.' I am trying not to think that someone did this deliberately. But!!! The only place we have in common is work.

This little episode cost me a small fortune. If this was done deliberately and I find out who did, to quote Mr. T, "I pity the fool."

Coincidence??? I wonder!!!!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

Let me know what you find out... i'll be over with my weapon of choice and I'm sure others will follow. Yep, Pity the fool!

bobbie said...

I want to see all 4'10' OF LISA, THE BUTTERFLY FARMER come down here and give it to you-know-who!

Marla said...

So sorry about all of your troubles. I sure hope that someone did not do this on purpose!

Anonymous said...

That is weird. Maybe somebody who works construction or something dropped a bag of nails out of their truck in the parking lot when they were at the restaurant? Hope this is the end of your troubles, for sure!!

Lisa said...

Lol Bobbie. ;)

David said...

This sounds too weird.
Keep us posted please.

Kelly said...

Lisa, I think that's too weird and way to coincidental! I'd let security or someone know at work about this! You're so right, you could have really been hurt badly!!

Let us know what you find out! It makes me worry about you and you shouldn't have to worry about it either!!!

Also, the cops should be made aware of this, cuz, someone might not be so lucky next time!!!

We're with ya all the way!!

Cliff said...

I guess flat tires are a way of life for us (probably 1 every two weeks) but we have a lot of vehicles and 6 miles of rock road to get to the highway. If the flat happens when I'm in town at night I get someone to take me home and call my local service station the next morning and tell them where the vehicle is located.
I was mad with you on this post, then read the next blog, but finished laughing about the gunned down thunder mug so now you're on your own when it come to anger.