Monday, February 16, 2009

Jake's Landing

Last night was another owl watch. There were more people then the last time. There was a lot of action. A Bald Eagle at a great distance. Several Meadowlarks. A black rough legged something or other and several short-eared owls. At one point two short-eared had a mid-air fight. That was interesting to see. No feathers lost.

We took a walk in the woods. They said that they found an area were long-eared owls were roosting. They were showing us areas of white wash and pellets. At one point I asked them if white wash and pellets was really shit. Yes it is. Why not say shit or poop. This I can understand better then white wash and pellets. We didn't see any long-eared owls.

Was a good night. Enjoyed myself.

7 comments:

Marla said...

Glad you had fun watchin the owls whitewash and pellets. Ha! That's funny. Poop would be better understood by me also!

bobbie said...

Sounds like fun. Wish I'd been there.

I don't mind the music. It doesn't start playing unless I go down to the bottom of your blog.

Anonymous said...

I think the 'euphemisms' are cute and inventive, but I'm not too prudish to use the others, either.

Kay said...

Sounds like you had a great time.

I love The Secret Garden by Secret Garden the best. Something about that melody that just strikes a chord in me. I've heard it used in an ice skating piece and it was beautiful.

Cliff said...

Did you find any night owls? Was bobbie out that night?
The deck looks great. We had a deck. But it was too hot to use. Then we covered it. Then the flies were so bad we couldn't use it. Then we put the windows and doors in. Then it was so hot and cold we couldn't use it so we put in a/c and heat. Now we're thinking of adding on a deck.

Ralph said...

I'm with you call it what it is - but then I have never beeb accused of being political correct either.
Ralph

Michele said...

LOL... I love your frankness on life and you are right, call it what it is! ... and I also like your music list... I am a huge fan of Meatloaf! =)

hug♥