Friday, April 3, 2009

The day after

First I would like to thank everyone who was kind enough to wish me a happy birthday.

My birthday was yesterday and I spent almost my entire day and night at work. I got home a little after 8:PM. I was happy because I got to watch my favorite realty show 'Survivor'. Yes I am a 'Survivor' junky. I have not missed an episode.

Anyway, I took today off. I had decided that I was going to sleep in. Well we all know that never works. Not to mention that my little lovely, (my baby), would never let mom sleep in when she's hungry. So anyway, as I was laying in bed with my baby mewing and pushing her face in mine, I heard the rain hitting the window. It was pouring. Doesn't matter. I'm off.

I went to Bobbie's and she gave me a very beautiful mini mum. The best mini chocolate cake. We had a nice visit. She showed me how to place a picture on picture. I haven't tried it yet, but I intend too.

When I came home, I was channel surfing. Something caught my eye on HSN (home shopping network). What caught my eye. The camera I have had my eye on. The camera I have been waiting for the camera shop to get in stock. The camera that I left my name and number last month at the camera shop. The camera I have had my eye on since January. On the net I went. Next the phone call. Yes folks, I ordered my birthday present. The Olympus SP-565-UZ should be delivered to my home April 13. This camera is 10 mega pixels. But what I like most is, a 20x optical zoom. The other thing I like most, more than $100.00 cheaper then what the camera shop would have charged. So in about ten days, I should have my new camera. It will probably take me awhile to learn all the features this camera offers, but I think it will be well would the wait.

Speaking of pictures. The next two pictures are not mine. Someone sent me an e-mail and I thought they were the coolest pictures. The person who sent the e-mail did not take the pictures either.


This is my picture. I noticed these grape hyacinth in my yard. They were almost begging me to take their picture. It's not a very good one, but I like it.


I also have to say happy birthday to the kittens. Well they're not kittens anymore. I discovered the two little beasts in the shed two years ago. Hard to believe it's been two years. When I had taken Ralphy to the vet, he gave me a round about age. The age was close to my birthday, so I decided we would share. Easier for me to remember.
Well I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend.

7 comments:

Deborah Godin said...

Great phots - and don't sell your little grape hyacinth photo short, it's charming! But that mantis with the "jazz hands" is totally incredible!!

David said...

Sorry I missed your special day.
Belated wishes

Mare said...

Belated Happy Birthday! The camera sounds great! And your purple flowers heralding spring are so uplifting. I'm catching up after being off for a couple of days.

MmeBenaut said...

Happy Birthday Lisa! And congratulations on buying your new camera - what wonderful timing - for it to come in just on your birthday. Happy birthday to the 'kittens' too!

Those two photos are amazing but I do like your purple grape hyacinths too. I see the grass is growing well.

I hope you have a lovely weekend. Things are hopping down here as little Ethan is here with his mama. Today will be cool after a hot week. We're hoping for some more rain.

bobbie said...

I'm so glad you finally got your camera!

Your grape hyacinths are beautiful. Mine are scattered all over the yard, as you saw. Maybe I should start digging them up and making a nice little garden.

lv2scpbk said...

Nice photos and interesting too.

Kay said...

Happy Belated birthday, Lisa! What fun shots these are!