Sunday, April 5, 2009

Yesterday and today

Yesterday was a beautiful day. Windy, but beautiful. I spent some time outside. Weeding a couple flower beds and filling the bird feeders. I set up a Sheppard's hook with a feeder outside my front window along with a birdbath. I figured this would give my baby something to watch.

When she's not sleeping...

she's very intently watching them. But not yesterday. Maybe she wore herself out.

Photo opportunity for me though. I must have snapped a dozen pictures. Never stirred.


Not even with a close-up. Isn't she the cutest:o) Notice, no question mark. Yes I am a proud mama.

So I woke up this morning looking at the clock. Yea I finally spent in. It was 7 o'clock. Can't remember the last time I slept that late, but wondered why it was still alittle dark. I figured it was cloudy. Got up fed baby girl, started coffee, went and fed the beasts (I say this with great affection), got paper, read said paper and hopped on the world wide web. Looked at clock on computer, 7:10 AM. A little confused, but. Started doing some chores and then took shower. While getting dressed, I looked at clock in bedroom. Huh? 10: AM. What's going on? I'm so confused. Looked at clock on phone. Double huh? 9: AM. So now I go blow dry my hair. Then it dawns on me. I'm not confused anymore and laugh at myself for being dumb.

I have one of those smart clocks in my bedroom. You know the one that automatically springs forward and falls back. Well no one told it that SOMEONE changed when the clocks change. And this morning was when we were supposed to spring forward.

So I didn't sleep in. Awake at 6: AM. Oh well. Maybe next weekend.

Went food shopping and then cat food shopping. Passing by the birds, one caught my eye. She was beautiful. Greens, oranges, blues. And those eyes. Oh my. I stopped and started talking to this beauty. One of the workers asked I wanted to hold her. I said no. I know me. We talked for a bit. Turned out she (the bird) was returned. The person who bought her brought her back saying that she bit her. Apparently after the bird bit her, the bitch throw her against the wall. Angry well up in me. How could anyone do this? We chatted a bit more, then off to the cat food aisle.

I went back to the bird. The girl was still there. She asked again if I wanted to hold her (the bird). I relented this time. What a beauty. Guess what? She bit me. Even drew some blood. Did I throw her against her cage? No. I asked her if she smelled my cats? Damn if she didn't shake her head up and down. The girl and I think the bird had such a bad experience with that bitch, that the only thing she needs is a lot of love.

She is a beautiful bird. If I knew more about exotic birds, I would have taken her. Just what I need right?

Yesterday I checked the humming bird migration map. It indicated that two hummers were spotted here in Jersey. It seems kinda early, but who knows.

Well I really have nothing more to say. I think I will go plant some flower seeds. And keep an eye out for a hummer. Try to keep my mind off that beauty at Pet Smart.

Enjoy your day.

6 comments:

Kay said...

You are very kind, Lisa, and very gentle. I'm sure that bird would have eventually loved being with you but you'd have to train it carefully... perhaps while wearing gloves.

Your kitty is so soft and sweet. Just looking at her makes me feel calm and snuggly.

Rachel said...

I'd say you could work wonders with that bird eventually! I have never had much experience with birds though.

I love your cat pictures. She is so cute and I love to catch them sleeping like that and take their pictures!!

bobbie said...

You know you wanted that bird! Your baby and kittens would go crazy.

MmeBenaut said...

Oh your baby is so, so sweet. I could just tuck her inside my dressing gown, close to my heart.

Don't take the bird Lisa. You would regret it.

And good for you for planting flower seeds. Which ones did you choose?

Cliff said...

Go back and get the bird Lisa. Your cat deserves it.

Mare said...

Your sleeping cat is beautiful! And I'm thinking that she is sleeping on a blanket that has ths serenity prayer on it...one of my favorites!!