Tuesday, April 7, 2009

New Camera & Bald Eagles

I received an e-mail today from HSN that my camera shipped. I figured I would get it in a couple of days. When I went home for lunch, what awaited me on my front step but a box. 'YES. MY CAMERA'S HERE.'




Went in and called Bobbie to tell her first, my friend in work received an e-mail from someone at the Nature Center for everyone to put out Hummer feeders. The little jewels have been spotted in the area and because no flowers are blooming, they need food. The second was my camera was delivered. I told her we were going to have to go on some road trips.




So I open the box and to my delight, it came with an owner's manual. Sorry I'm old fashion and like instructions in writing, not on a disc that I would have to load on my computer and then sit for hours trying to figure it out.




First order of business was the strap for the lens cover and shoulder/neck strap. I hope learning the camera will be easier. I admit it took me a half hour to figure that out. With not much time left, I reluctantly went back to work.




I must make a trip after work today to purchase a memory card. My loyal subjects better run and hide, because there will be a photo shoot tonight.




I'm so excited. I can't wait for the weekend.



*****************************


Bobbie sent me an e-mail that Deborah had a link for a live Eagle Cam. If you love eagles, visit here. I have also added the link to the top of my sidebar. When you go to the site, make sure you scroll down some. There is a link to more live web cams.
************************
Well I must go as I am typing this at work. Shhh don't tell anyone or they'll be sure to send a not so nice e-mail to the manager.
I'll be boring you will all the details of the camera as I learn it. Just bear with me. The novelty will wear off. Eventually :o)

4 comments:

Kay said...

I'm so excited for you! A new camera is always a ton of fun although the learning part is sometimes a bit challenging for me.

bobbie said...

A great post, Lisa!

Look at you, doing a blog post at work!I know a couple of people you'd better not let catch you at that!

I'm really happy for you about the camera.

the eagle cams are SO great!

Deborah Godin said...

Hey Lisa! Thanks for the mention of the eagle cam, and glad to hear you got your camera. I agree, those manual discs are a pain, but then so are the written kind. I wish the people who write them thought about who would be reading them, and knock the technical jargon down a notch or two. Good luck, and looking forward to some new pics!

Gretchen said...

I just love a new camera! Of course, it generally only takes about a week until my new camera is sporting its first ding or scratch or dent. SIGH! I get a call at 3 a.m. about a big fire or a fight or something. I just grab my camera, throw it in my bag with the rest of my stuff and off we go!

ENJOY yours!! :)