Saturday, August 30, 2008

Camera Critters

Hello and welcome to this weeks edition of camera critters.


I like to take walks at the State Park in Cape May Point, New Jersey. This park has walking and hiking trails. Honestly I get bored if it is the same thing every time I go. Well last week, I was walking along on the of path. When I came around the bend, I said to myself, "Huh, wonder when they decided to put lawn ornaments along the path." So my surprise, it moved.





Doe a deer.



Doe



Fawn




Fawn




I was so excited I called my friend Bobbie to tell her.



Everyone I met along the path was talking about doe and fawn. You see, deer are not a common sight in the park.



Now I am not bored and looking forward to going the next day, in hopes of seeing the doe and fawn again. I didn't, but I did see this one.

Talking to some people I have found out that there is also a 12-point buck there. Somewhere, but I don't know where. I am hoping to catch a glimpse of him, but I think my chances are slim to none.



Please visit camera critters to see other cute and cuddly and cute but not so cuddly critters. If you have a photo that you would like to share, please join us. Have a Happy Labor Day weekend everyone.


25 comments:

bobbie said...

Lisa, these are great shots.

I would sure like to get a look at these animals. Maybe one ofthese days I'll get lucky.

Cátia said...

wow!!wonderful pictures!

EG CameraGirl said...

Lucky you! Deer are often very shy of humans.

Lapa37 said...

I bet you were scared and excited at the same time. That's a wonderful couple of pictures.I hope you get to see the BIG one so you can share with us.

ratmammy said...

these are some beautiful photos. Good job!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Lovely! How fortunate you were to have encountered them, and to have these wonderful photos.

Rhea said...

What a neat surprise to stumble upon while walking! Deer are everywhere here in Texas, so that's not a unique sighting, but I still get excited whenever I see them, because I just love deer. Nice photos!

Thanks for visiting me!

Maria's Space said...

They are adorable. I never get tired of looking at them even though they are a daily occurence here.

i beati said...

a spiritual meeting ansd lovely capture of it sandy

Maria Verivaki said...

wow, what a beauty (a brooch is like a badge, a decorative pin)

Kelly said...

Lisa, This is awesome! They are beautiful! I can't believe you were so lucky! I love deer, they are such lovely animals!

Kahshe Cottager said...

What great luck to see these lovely animals while you were enjoying your trek. You got great pictures of them!

Have a wonderful weekend!
My Camera Critters Here and Here

Anonymous said...

Exciting ! certainly a motivation to go on a walk. So beautiful !

Anonymous said...

That was a nice surprise. Luckily your camera was handy.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Tat was such a lovely virtaul stroll with the deers and fawns. So well captured.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

Lisa: I feel glad to see these fine captures. I enjoy deer in the wild.

Indrani said...

Trekking is rewarding when you meet them. Your shots gave me a feeling as though I too was peeping through the trees to catch a glimpse of them. :)

Christy said...

How cool for you. I went for a walk at a Wildlife Refuge this evening and was blessed to see three deer, a doe and two fawns I believe. They came out onto the trail I was walking stood and looked toward us then continued on their way. Such a cool thing to have happen.

david mcmahon said...

Thanks so much for the visit and the comment. As you can imagine, I have VERY limited internet access during my time in the Yukon - so it's taken me a while to get to your site.

My favourite is the last shot. Great photo essay!

Misty DawnS said...

Deer are my second favorite animal, so I really, really enjoyed this post!

I have a 10-point who frequents the hay friend right down the road from me. He is absolutely gorgeous.

storyteller said...

What a wonderful experience … thanks for sharing this photo series with those of us who don’t have ‘deer’ living anywhere in the vicinity to ‘happen’ upon. My Camera Critters post is up at Small Reflections (along with a bunch of other stuph) … featuring Molly and Ms. Kitty interacting … sort of.
Hugs and blessings,

healingmagichands said...

Nice of those deer to stick around for you to take their pictures. I see them on a regular basis when I am walking my dog Ruby, but I never get clsoe enough to get their picture.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely series of deer shots.

A Blog In The Rough said...

Wow, you're lucky to have seen them, I'm surprised they didn't dash off. Glad there aren't any hunters around either!

Gretchen said...

How sweet! I love deer. :)