Sunday, November 30, 2008

I'm having a shitty day

Okay so we are back to rain. It seems like we get a couple days reprieve from the rain and then, bam, back to cloudy rainy weather. But this isn't why I am having a shitty day, but contributed to it.

Woke up this morning with a headache. Is it the weather. A migraine? Maybe both? With my migraine's, I tend to get them while asleep and then it just makes for a miserable day. No amount of Tylenol or coffee is going to help. But this isn't why I am having a shitty day, but contributed to it.

Went on the Internet this morning and things were really-really slow. Sometimes it would kick me off. I decided to read the paper and try again. Same thing. Called Bobbie to see if she was having problems. The static was unbelievable. Told her I would call back. Thinking maybe it was a bad connection. Called her back and the same. Cutting the call short, decided to water my plants. Bobbie called me to see if that would help. Much better. Really no static and she wasn't having Internet problems like I was having. We hung up and I decided to try the Internet again. No can do. Couldn't even get on-line. I have Verizon DSL and decided to check the modem. The Internet light was off. I decided to shut the modem off. Took a shower and went to make a phone call. Nothing-nada-zilch. No dial tone. Checked the other phones. Same. Check the land line. Same. Well then. Time to call Verizon. Got out my cell phone. If you guessed it was dead, you would be correct. Very seldom do I use my cell. I tend to turn it on if I am going out and then forget to turn it off. So out came the charger. But this isn't why I am having a shitty day, but contributed to it.

Went to the store and then Pet Smart. That made me feel a little bit better. There were two black labs telling one another off. Turned out they were brothers and hadn't seen each other in a week. They had a lot of catching up to do. This definitely isn't why I am having a shitty day.

Went to Wal-Mart. My friends daughter is having a baby and she is registered there. Asked the girls if the registry would print on the machine and they said it would. Went over and typed the information in. One out of the four pages printed. Page two got stuck in the machine. The one girl came over to unjam the machine and we tried again. I don't know what language printed, but it was unreadable. We tried several more times. I apologized to them. I told them it was me and explained what happened with my Internet and phone this morning. They said it wasn't me. The other lady's daughter was registered there so we tried that. Same thing. They said they didn't know what was going on. The machine would probably have to be re-booted. This would take a couple of hours. I told them I would be back tomorrow and apologized again to them. But this isn't why I am having a shitty day, but contributed to it.

Came home and tried the phone again. Still no good. Called Verizon and had the automated system. That checked the line and they reported, "the Verizon Network is working properly." Oh yeah. Well if it is working properly, why don't I have a phone. It asked if I checked the system from the outside. No. Well you cannot do this in the rain. Well it's pouring outside anyway. Then it said I needed a screw driver. Okay. Now I draw the line. Don't I pay Verizon to do this shit. I had to call twice before they would set up an appointment for a technician to come out. Guess when. Tuesday between 8:00 AM and 9:00 PM. Are you fucking kidding me. I'll call tomorrow and see if I can't get a person. I turned the modem back on and guess what? I had Internet service. So I checked the phone. Still dead. I don't understand. It is the same phone number. Same line. How can I have Internet connection and no phone? I have unplugged the phones from the jack, waited awhile and plugged them back in. Still nothing. Even the line land didn't work. Now I am carrying my cell around attached to my hip. If I don't, I won't hear it ring. I have it set on the highest volume level, but still can't hear it unless I am right next to it.

So I ask you, What the hell is going on? I did get a new phone. A VTech 6.0 and hooked it up yesterday. I used it yesterday with no problem. I now have my old phone charging to see if that one will work. Any idea's about what could be going on? Any idea's why my Internet is now working, but my phones don't. I think Bobbie has sent her little gremlins down to my house to mess with me. If this is the case, I am sending them right back to you. I don't need them and I don't want them.

So it is the combination of all of the above why I am having a shitty day. I hope your day is going better.

5 comments:

bobbie said...

I just told Rita the title of your post. She said that's because you still work at the place I used to work, and never used that word until I worked there. She's right.

I'm sorry you're having a shitty day. I didn't send the gremlins. They are still with me. I did defrag the computer as you told me to, and it worked - to some degree. But things are still slow. And the TV and printers are still not working.

storyteller said...

I hope it helped to share your frustrations here ... and that the rest of your day goes better than the first part did.
Hugs and blessings,

Mary said...

Lisa, I apologize for laughing...I'm only laughing because I've had days like that with Time Warner Cable when they had me lying on the floor with a flashlight, then blaming Dell for my problems. I've had hours and hours of nightmares with technicial support. Just last week I lost internet and e-mail. Time Warner put me through 40 freaking minutes of diagnostic tests over the phone after I told them repeatedly, "just reset the modem from your end!" No, they won't listen. But that is exactly what they needed to do.

At least you had a little fun at Petsmart...

It poured rain all day here, too.

I hope tomorrow is better!

You need a hug,
Mary

Marla said...

I feel bad for you! When things go wrong some days, they never go right and down hill all day. I hope you have a great day tomorrow and hope your phone gets to working.

Kay said...

I'm so sorry, Lisa. I had one of those days last week. It was the day before Thanksgiving! On the plus side, tomorrow HAS to be better. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you.