Sunday, May 24, 2009

Day 1 of staycation

Made my way to my favorite garden center. Got a couple packs of flowers and mulch. Weeded my front flower beds and planted the flowers. My friend also gave me some elephant ear bulbs that I also planted. Then mulched. Fully dirty from that.

My neighbor came home and was on crutches. Asked her what happened. Last Sunday she fell down the front steps and broke her leg. I feel bad because she said she was yelling for her daughter, and I didn't even hear her. Anyway she's in a cast for the next seven weeks.



Because it was a beautiful day with a breeze, I was going to weed wack and mow. I had came inside for a drink of water and noticed a message. My friend down the street left a message for me to call back. I called and was invited for a drink. Telling them I was going to weed wack and mow was not going to work. So I figured I would go down for a drink. Stay for an hour and leave. Didn't happen. Ended up leaving around 8:30. I'm going back today for hamburgers and hot dogs on the grill, but not before I get the yard done. The weather forecast is for some rain and possible thunder storm today and rain tomorrow.

A good time was had at my friends house. And I except another good time will happen today.

Enjoy your weekend.

4 comments:

JC said...

Yesterday was a sunny one. We got a lot done in the yard. Today is overcast but I still have weeds to pull.

Enjoy your long Weekend

bobbie said...

Can't wait to see the elephant ears growing.

Glad you had a good first day

Kay said...

Have a terrific weekend, Lisa. It feels a little weird to hear of yet another person who broke a bone. I guess I'm not alone. I'm sorry she has to have a cast instead of the new boots....especially in the summer heat and humidity. I can really identify with her.

Rachel said...

You have gotten a good start to your staycation!