Saturday, March 13, 2010

It's raining. It's windy

Well here in Cape May County, we're hunkered down for yet another storm. This one is bringing us sporadic rain and lots of wind with very strong gusts. They are saying the wind should die down tomorrow, but we're supposed to have rain for three to five days.

I had a craving for a Primo's hoagie yesterday. So after work and feeding the furry ones, I went I got my hoagie. When I came home, I had a message and caller ID read the fire department. The message was from the police station advising us and to take precautions for the storm.

I must be becoming a light sleeper because several times during the night I was awoken with the wind driving the rain against my bedroom windows.

I must be getting old because now the winds are starting to worry me. I never cared about this before. Don't understand why it would bother me now. When outside having my smokes, sometimes the gusts are so strong, it is whistling through the trees. The trees and bushes are being bent over. Quite eerie.

Anyway enough of that. I joined facebook last week. I have no idea what I'm doing, but I can say I am having fun. My friend and I were talking today about it and we decided we are facebook stalkers. We like to visit people we know only to see what is going on in their lives and who their friends are.

A friend requested I become a neighbor in one of the games for farming. I did because I like to garden. I enjoy it, but sometimes I wonder if I made a mistake. You see, you have to plant and harvest what you plant in a certain time. If not, your crop withers and dies. I know this because I lost several crops by not harvesting in time. I now know that when I'm going to bed, don't plant something that must be harvested in a couple hours.

Well anyway, this is what is exciting in my life right now. Yea-yea, I live a boring life, but I do enjoy myself..

Oh and don't forgot to turn your clocks ahead tonight.

2 comments:

bobbie said...

I don't blame you for worrying about the wind. It was really something last night. Scary. Hope the rest is just rain.
At least a long mailing tube came for me this morning, so the mailman had to bring my mail to the door and I didn't have to go out in it.

Dianne said...

the wind is freaking me out a bit
I always wonder if the power will go out
and if the shutters really are attached tight ;)
and on and on
poor Siren - the wind makes him so anxious