Sunday, September 7, 2008

Weigh in Day & storm

Wish there was some good news to report on the weight loss, but there isn't. No weight loss this past week. Still holding at 24 pounds lost. I don't think that it helped that Starbucks has brought back my favorite Latte. And that I got two yesterday. Two of the biggest cups they offer. Two 24 oz. Pumpkin Spice Lattes. What little willpower I have is out the door when they offer these. I have to go over that way this morning, so guess where I am stopping. I will try to get just one this time.

****************************************

Most of this past week, the media was talking about Tropical Storm Hanna. At one time they were saying that Cape May County was going to get hit hard with 3 to 5 inches of rain, high winds gusting over 50 MPH and possible power outages, but Hanna is a fast moving storm. Well hell we get nor'easter's worse then this and they last for three days. My friend who is vacationing in Michigan, called me Friday and asked what the weather was like. I said sunny, hot and very humid. She said that she has been following the weather report and asked if I would ask her next door neighbor to but her swing in his garage. I said that I think that they were making this storm out to be worse then what it really would be, but still I told her I would ask the neighbor. So swing in garage, I e-mailed her to let her know. After work I went to the Point for my walk. No one was on the trails. I didn't even come across to many birds or butterflies. I did see one squirrel, one butterfly and one turtle. But worse of all most of the ponds were drying up or already dry. So the rain would be a welcome sight. It did rain some when I was there, but not nearly enough. Later that night we got a downpour that gave us one inch of rain. Yesterday the humidity was highest it has been all summer. The storm finally hit late morning early afternoon. We did get a lot of rain and wind. We had one gust that was probably 50 MPH, but that was it. I didn't even lose one branch from my dogwood tree.

For the most part, we are pretty lucky here. We get some bad storms, but generally not too damaging. All total from the rain Friday night and yesterday, we got three, much needed, inches of rain. I cannot wait to go to the Point and see what the ponds look like now.

Well that's it. I don't have anything more to say. I hope everyone had a good Saturday and you have a great Sunday.

6 comments:

Dianne said...

I got into the habit of buying the mocha frappacino things that Starbucks has in the grocery. Now they put the chocolates right next to them. Lord help me!!

The rain was heavy and steady up here but the wind wasn't as bad as they said it would be.

nora leona said...

24 pounds is nothing to sneeze it, ladybug! I'm at 12, hoping for 25. What is your favorite latte? I'm guessing pumpkin spice.

Rachel said...

I heard someone else raving about the pumpkin spice lattes. Now they must be mighty good! I never go to Starbucks and I guess if they are that good I best not start going!

I hope the Point has improved after the much needed rain!

AppleDebbie said...

I love the pumpkin spice lattes at Starbucks and look forward to the Fall just so I can have them again!

BTW, you have an award! Come on over to my blog to pick it up...

http://ollieballie.blogspot.com/

Cliff said...

Hey if you had started this not gaining any weight when you were born you'd still weight what? 10#
Glad the storm didn't getcha!

Kay said...

I've heard that weight loss does stabilize for a while and then continues as you exercise.

Hmmm... I just discovered the Starbucks mocha frappacino. Yikes.