Sunday, September 28, 2008

Weigh In Day

Well let's just get right to it today. Somehow this past week, I managed to lose another pound. This does boggle my mind because I was on vacation this past week and I made a big pot of hearty pasta fagioli soup and a turkey dinner with all the trimmings, that I have been craving. I was going to make pumpkin cake, but I have resisted the temptation. This week anyway.

I have now hit my first weight loss goal of 25 pounds. My next weight loss goal, another 25 pounds. Oh boy.

*****************************
I went to a birding by ear class at our library yesterday. It was fun, but for me and others, very hard. I am a visual person. I need to have a visual first and then I can associate the sound. I tried finding the bird in my field guide book and listening to the song. It worked out okay, but it was still hard.
*****************************
Very early this morning I was awoken by a thunderstorm. Let me just say that I sleep like the dead. So for me to be woken up from my sleep, it has to be loud. Well this one was. Some of the lightning strikes were brilliant and the thunder shook the house a couple of times. There is something about lying in bed and watching and listening to a thunderstorm. This morning the skies are dreary, foggy and humid.
***************************
My foot feels better. There is still some discomfort, but not like before. So I guess the cortisone shot is helping.
***************************
Well that's it. Today doesn't seem to be a good day. My thoughts are scattered and all over the place. So I will end this with I hope everyone has a good Sunday and a better day then me.

5 comments:

bobbie said...

I hope your day improves. The sky does seem to be brightening. I knew that one thunderbumper would wake even you. Wow!

Gretchen said...

I love thunderstorms. I always sleep better feeling the power of nature all around. No fun in a tent, but at home, I'm all for them. :)

Cliff said...

BIG NEWS on the 25#. Congrats. Great will power no doubt.
I can't hear birds anymore so I wouldn't do well with the ear deal.
I'm glad though that you enjoy it.

Mary said...

You're on a roll! If you set another goal and make it, I'll send flowers and chocolates. I can't even lose 5 pounds right now... :o/

Stay busy and keep going!

Mary

Ashrunner said...

I really enjoy the thrill of getting a good shot of a Great Blue Heron. They are magnificent birds, especially when they are flying.