Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Party and more

Had a lot of fun at the Christmas party Sunday night. There were good stories told and lots of laughs. When your stomach hurts at the end of the night, you know you have eaten well and laughed like you haven't laughed in a long time.


We did the Chinese Auction. This was a first for me. Was a first for another girl, so I didn't feel so dumb. I said in Sunday's post that I thought it was going to be an all booze auction. I was close. All but one gift was booze. I had number 11 and the girl next to me (M.) was number 10. M. went to the table and got her gift. Candles. This is what happened next.



M. - ooh. These smell so good.


Me - What scent are they?


M. - Pumpkin Spice.


Me - Can I take a sniff?


M. - Sure.


Me - They do smell nice. You know that's one of my favorite scents.


M. - That's nice Lis


Me - You know I'm number 11.


M. - Am I going back to pick another gift?


Me - Um. Yes you are M.


What luck was this. I am not really a drinker. If I have 1/2 dozen drinks a year, that's a lot for me. Now don't get me wrong. I am not a total prude and enjoy a nice cocktail once in awhile.



The night ended and home we went. All happy and with smiles. A good night was had by all.



***********************************



I don't know if you all know this, but I am a big Survivor fan. I have watched every episode since the beginning. Most seasons the person I want to win doesn't. I am always rooting for the one who is playing with the most integrity and honestly. I guess this is why my pick never wins. The person I was rooting for and the good guy won. Congratulations Bob.



***********************************


I am still sick. Been sick since Saturday a week ago. The bug has now made it's way into my chest. Haven't had a decent night's sleep in what feels like forever. I wake myself up coughing. I get up and hack and drink a glass of orange juice and head back to bed. This vicious cycle goes on all night.


I'm exhausted. Not being able to keep my eyes open, I went to bed last night around 8 o'clock, with the hope of sleeping through the night. Nadda.
*************************************
Okay - enough of that. There are eight days left until Christmas. I hope everyone is done their shopping and can kick back and relax until the big day comes along.
This cute little Christmas tree was made by me, last year at ceramics.


8 comments:

Lisa said...

Still not better? :(

Do what my grandparents would have done...

Shots of whiskey! :)
Even if it doesn't make you any better, you won't know it... and since you don't drink often, it won't take much till you're feeling all WOOHOO.

Gretchen said...

That is a cute little tree. :)

I'm not a drinker either. I'd have taken the candles, too.

Cliff said...

We have a 'bottle auction' every year to raise money for our local food pantry. Every item is wrapped up to look like a bottle of wine. Most aren't wine. But the auction means I have two $75 dollar candles and $110 bottle of black strap molases.
I probably could do better in a store.
That reminds me we now have a candle factory between here and town. Not every farmer can say that. :)
Lisa, you should get something to drink just for 'medicinal purposes.' GET WELL SOON!!

MmeBenaut said...

Glad you had fun at your party Lisa, even though you seem to have my cough! I know the feeling, hacking away and can't sleep. It's nearly 3 am here and I haven't even tried going to bed yet. MB is getting cranky about it too but then he is much better than I am. Take care that once the viral becomes bacterial, you might need an antibiotic so you don't end up with pneumonia. You're in the cold; we're having warmish weather (although not too hot yet) so you are at greater risk of it dragging on.
I'm enjoying your Christmassy photos!

Dianne said...

I hope you're feeling better by now

this weather isn't helping

love the tree you made!!

Mary said...

Still not better? I know all about that hacking cough in the middle of the night. I wears you out. Mine lasted for three weeks.

Rest. Rest. Rest. That's the cure. But who can rest during this time of year? !!!

Hang in there, Lisa. It sounds like you are enjoying anyway :o)

Mary

bobbie said...

Now I feel guilty. I was too busy being sick myself and never even asked how you were feeling this weekend.
I sure hope we all feel better by Christmas.

Rachel said...

I hope you are all better by now!

Cute little Christmas tree you made. It's all smiles!

Here's wishing you and yours a very Merry Christmas!!