Monday, December 1, 2008

More on the phone

Last night when walking by the phone I noticed the "in use" light lit and the display on the phone said, "line in use". What the hell. I turned the phone on and had static. I turned it on and off several time. At one time it sounded like someone disconnecting. When I turned the phone back on, silence. Okay Bobbie's gremlins are really messing with me. Just kidding. Now I'm thinking that maybe the phone lines got crossed in some way and I am somehow connected with someone else. This went on most of the night with the "in use" light and "line in use".

My friend from work hosted one of those 'party light spa parties'. OMG my feet never felt so good. We gave ourselves pedicures so to speak. I say this because I have never had a pedicure and don't know what all is involved. All I can tell you is my feet were soft, smooth and felt really good.

I went to bed, and I remembered to turn the cell off. I don't need another dead battery. When I got up I tried the phone and it worked. I guess it was the wind and rain that shorted out the line. At lunch time I called Verizon and actually was able to talk to a real live person. Imagine that. I told them that I called yesterday and the automated system set up an appointment for a technician to come out tomorrow between 8 AM to 9 PM. I asked her if we could narrow it down some. She said between 1 PM and 5 PM. Much better and the technician would call my cell before he got there so I could meet him and not have to take the day off. I asked her how I could have Internet and no phone? She said that even though it is the same line and number, the Internet line runs along side the phone line. Basically it has it's own line. Okay. I'm set. Tomorrow between 1 and 5 and he or she would call prior too.

Got home from work and started cutting up veggies to make turkey soup and heard a knock at the door. The Verizon technician was here. How about that. A day early. I told him what had happened and that my phone was working now. He said that he would run tests to see what was going on, but it probably had something to do with the wind and rain we had yesterday. After about a half hour he came back in. Turned out it was the weather and some exposed wires. He said that when the wind blew and/or water got in, it shorted the wires out. Problem fixed. We talked for about half hour and then he left. What a nice guy and handsome too. If only he was a little older.

8 comments:

Marla said...

Yippee! Sure glad to hear that your phone is working. It's such a hassle to have repair guys, plumbers,etc come. I always have to take the day off to get something fixed, and then your trapped in your house all day because they won't give you a specific time. It's such a waste of time!!

bobbie said...

OK
you just keep those gremlins up at your house!
I have enough of them down here. My printers aren't working at all, and my computer is waaaaay too slow.

David said...

We had V tech "Dect" phones for about 3 months, and nothing but grief. It had nothing to do with the land line provider as we found out, it was the quality of V tech.
Promptly returned them for Panasonic phones a few months ago and never had have problems since.

David

Kay said...

What a great feeling to have everything in working order again. It's terrific to have nice service people. Yahoo!

Kay said...

What a great feeling to have everything in working order again. It's terrific to have nice service people. Yahoo!

Ralph said...

I really don't care that he was handsome - how did did you get a real person at Verizon?
Ralph

Lisa said...

one word.

Cougar

Cliff said...

I'm with Ralph. That couldn't have been a real human. It must have been a mirage.