Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I'm upset and concerned

I haven't seen the kittens since yesterday morning. Well no. I seen Ralphy yesterday afternoon. I was calling for them both to feed them. I heard Ralphy crying and went looking for him. He was on the fence. I couldn't get to him for all the bamboo, so I tried the other side. I must have spooked him and he jumped down and went into the shed. Later that night I went out again and called for them. Nothing. I figured that they were both in the shed. At least they would be out of the weather and I would probably see them in the morning being the little food monger's that they are.



This morning I went out. No kittens. Not in their huts. Being a nervous mom, I am REALLY concerned now. Looking at how deep the snow was I thought maybe they couldn't make it from the shed to the deck. So I shoveled a path. I called for them again. Nothing. I put dry food out figuring if they made their way over, they would have food. And I would be able to tell if they came around.




Lunch time I checked the food. Not a morsel eaten. Calling for them again, I heard nothing. I looked in the shed and they are not there. I don't know where they are. When Yipper was young, she would go on what I called 'walk abouts.' She would be gone for a couple days to a week at a time. Then one day she decided that the grass was greener here and never left. It maybe all day before I seen her, but she was here everyday. Ralphy on the other hand, has not missed a day. Every single day I have seen him. He knew where his bread was buttered.




It was very cold last night. Down in the teens with even colder wind chills. Tonight is forecasted the same. I AM UPSET AND CONCERNED NOT KNOWING WHERE THEY ARE. I can't help wondering if they are okay. Where they are? Do they need help? Yes I'm strange. You're saying to yourself that they're just cats. They are, but to me they're my children. There is nothing that I wouldn't do for them. Just asked Bobbie.



*******************************


On the heater front. I was lucky that the heater worked all night. There was a chance that it wouldn't come back on. I called the gas company this morning and he starting saying that he called them and the part wasn't on the truck, but it is supposed to be this morning. That he was supposed to call back a little later. If the part made it to the store, they would be here today to fix it. I told him that was fine, but I didn't call for that. I told him I wanted to give him my cellphone number and asked if he could call me before the service guy came so I could meet him at my house. We laughed.


Well I got the call and the service guy to showed up. Replaced the part. So far, so good. They didn't have the bill ready. This can't be good. So now I wait until I get the bill mailed to me. Hopefully I won't be that shell shocked.
*************************
Kitten update - After work I went outside and called for the kittens. I heard Ralphy's cries. He is under the neighbor's deck. When I went over to the fence, he ran back under the deck. This broke my heart. It is almost like he is afraid of me.
Still haven't seen Yipper yet.

1 comment:

Kay said...

Thank goodness you've got heat again! That's a huge relief. I'm sorry to hear about the kittens. There's still hope though. They may just be huddling from the cold someplace safe.