Saturday, August 2, 2008

Camera Critters





Hi and welcome to my pick for this week's Camera Critters. This is a picture of my first cat Tigger. Behind him is a stuffed tiger. I love this photo because it looks like they are looking at the same thing.




My dad used to run a gas station. A guy came in and asked my dad if he knew of someone who wanted a kitten. My dad said that the neighbor, Mr. Hand would probably want a kitten, so my dad took him and waited for Mr. Hand to come home. When he did my dad took the kitten over and asked him if he wanted him. Mr. Hand promptly replied, "I don't want anymore damn cats." My dad called my mom and said, "Do you think Lisa would want a kitten?" Mom's answer was "NO" and hung up. When I got home from school, my dad was sitting in his chair with a shitty grin on his face. My mom in her chair with a pissed off look on hers. When I put my books down, Tigger moved and it was love at first sight. Needless to say, Tigger found a home. He lived with us for many years before he had a series of strokes that took his life.


If you would like to see other cute little or big critters, please visit Camera Critters

24 comments:

bobbie said...

I love this story, and I'm glad that Mr Hand didn't want any more cats.

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

VG: Tigger and the tiger, how cute.

i beati said...

That picture is so great all the generations of tigers solid and beautiful sandy

Misty DawnS said...

This photo is absolutely priceless! I LOVE THIS! LOVE it!

Kahshe Cottager said...

Love the Tigger collection! And I am happy that your Tigger found his forever home with you!
Have a wonderful weekend!
My Camera Critters Here and Here

Rachel said...

Tigger is so cute! I'm glad Mr. Hand didn't want him either! He ended up with a loving home with you. Cats are so sweet!

I so enjoyed reading about your dear brother that died. He sure had a lot of health problems. It's so wonderful that he loved animals and recieved their love in return.

ratmammy said...

aww, what a wonderful story and i'm glad you got to keep tigger. lots of memories...

ShannonW said...

Beautiful cats! Both of them.

Lapa37 said...

Nice story sorry to hear it didn't have a happy peaceful ending. He was a beauty I love orange cats.

Michele said...

Awww...What a wonderful story. Your Tigger looks just like my Tomba. He's a beautiful cat! Very handsome.
Mountain Retreat Photos

kjpweb said...

Good story and a big smile! Thanks!
Cheers, Klaus

Jane Hards Photography said...

There are a lot of poignant critters post today. Lovely image though to accompany the text.

AppleDebbie said...

Tigger was a handsome guy! Thank goodness Mr. Hand said "no" (and your dad defied your mom! lol!)

Indrani said...

Amazing resemblance. Precious memories too.

Anonymous said...

I used to have a red cat. Nice photo.

Kay said...

This is such a sweet story about a sweet cat and a sweet dad.

me ann my camera said...

This is an amazing photo!! And so very creative with the picture, stuffed tiger and cat.

EG CameraGirl said...

So did your mom learn to love the cat? I bet she did!

MmeBenaut said...

Tigger is a beautiful cat Lisa. He must have been your very first cat. Your Dad was a very smart man!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic picture and great story of how you acquired Tigger!

Roan said...

Tigger/Tiger...very much the same. Loved the story!

Ashrunner said...

Tigger is the perfect name for him. I have a friend who loves big cats. She'd really enjoy this post.

bcmomtoo said...

I like that picture of Tigger and the tiger. Very cute.

I also enjoyed the story of how Tigger came to be yours.

2sweetnsaxy said...

I enjoyed that story. What I like about the pic isn't just the stuffed cat and the real cat, but the painted cat behind the stuffed cat too. Real, stuffed and flat.

:-D