Saturday, August 23, 2008

Camera Critters





Week three of my furry little babies. And I saved the big boy for last.










Can you guess from the picture below what this one's name is?





If you guessed Ralph Mouth, you would be correct.






This is the brother of Little Yipper from last week. This one has a total different personality from Yipper. He is more laid back. Actually he is a sissy. I tell my friend's that he is gay and the only manly thing about him is his stomach. He doesn't like to be rubbed or played with roughly. He has a high pitched meow. He is a little wimp.




How he can get his heavy body up a tree always amazes me. When him and Yip are playing he is like the wind. He is graceful and daring.






He, unlike Yip, likes to come inside. Here he is chilling out on a hot humid day.





He has huge paws, legs and tail. And just look at that belly. It's huge. But also look at his markings. He has stripes, spots and tortoise shell markings. I have never seen a cat with such markings.






When Ralphy isn't talking, which trust me is not that often, he is purring. He has such a loud motor, you can hear him when he is in the other room.






Unlike Yipper, he has many nicknames: Mr. Handsome, handsome boy, pretty boy, big boy, mouth, fat boy. The list just keeps going.





I took these pictures last week while Ralph and Yipper were eating. I wanted to give you an idea of how big he is.








(Yipper on the left. Ralphy on the right.)








Yipper tips the scales at around 10 pounds. Ralphy at around 17-20 pounds. He takes after his father with his size and that's it. Both mom and dad were feral. The dad black and white and the mom orange tiger striped. I meant to mention in Yipper's that the only coloring she got from her dad is one black whisker. Ralphy doesn't have any black on him at all.







One funny story. I was out back reading and Ralph took off running. I got up to see what is was up to. By the time I got to the back of the deck to see, he was running the other way with a catbird hot on his tail. He ran under a bush, turned around and was peeking out from the bush. The catbird was pissed and trying to get to him. He out waited the catbird, who finally gave up. Ralphy came out from under the bush with a smug look.




Well there you have it, my three furry feline babies. My Baby and Little Yip . To see other furry babies and some critter's that are not so furry, visit Misty at Camera Critters. If you have a critter picture that you would like to share, please join us. Have a good weekend.

26 comments:

bobbie said...

Ralph is quite a guy. And to think, you tried to give him away at first! You wouldn't part with him now, would you?

Juliana said...

cute cat

My CC : in here Thanks

storyteller said...

How cute … I once had a dog named Ralph. He seems like an adventurous kitty and lots of fun. I notice you have the same ‘tiger kitty’ widget in your sidebar that I have at Small Reflections. Very ‘kewl’ …
Hugs and blessings,

Carletta said...

"a loud motor" - I was eight years older than my little brother and that's what he said about our cat -he would hold it up to his ear and say it sounded like a motor.
Thanks for that memory.
Cute photos!

Unknown said...

Cute stories about your cats. I love the bird story :) Ralph really is huge!

My critter is here

Kay said...

Adorable kitties and he is definitely huge and HEAVY. Wow! I enjoyed your happy post this morning.

Mom Knows Everything said...

I LOVE RALPH!!!

bcmomtoo said...

I loved meeting Ralph! He is one big handsome boy.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that first pic of Ralph Mouth :) Just makes me smile :)

AppleDebbie said...

Ralph Mouth... what a perfect name to go along with his baby picture! Lol! I loved your photos and captions... the catbird story really made me smile. Great post!

Anonymous said...

Love your CC post! Ralph or Handsome Boy is quite a character, and Wow! he is big. Our dog is 35 lbs. That's a funny story - Cat chased by Bird.

Rhea said...

I loved meeting your feline babies. They're so handsome!! I love cats.

Thanks for visiting me!

This Is My Blog - fishing guy said...

VG: I was thinking Tiger, boy you fooled me.

david mcmahon said...

Strange to think of it being hot and humid there when we're in our last week of winter here in Australia!

Rambling Woods said...

Loved meeting your furry housemates..

Kelly said...

OK, all are adorable, but Ralph Mouth is hysterical! So smart and good at outwitting and out waiting the catbird! I think he has a great personality and talking all the time....He reminds me of some of ours! He is so Big! Can't believe he weighs that much...I think he has figured out a way to snatch the other cats food and eat it for himself...I hope you do lots of updates on them all, but especially Ralph! I can see a TV show about Ralph the Mouth! Great that you have nicknames for him and the others, we do the same, our poor cats, all come running when we use any of the nicknames, they're sure they'll miss out on something!

Great post!!!Love hearing and reading about your cats!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a great story about your cats. It's obvious that you adored them. great shots!

ratmammy said...

oh my!!! i love ralphy!!!!! he is so cute! he's a little bigger than our blackie, who is probably about 16 lbs now.

Jane Hards Photography said...

Tat's alovely storyboard of images. Ralph is one cool cat.

Dianne said...

I love the very first photo, before his body caught up with his head!! what a face

and I love the 2 of them eating together, really shows the size difference.

all your furkids are wonderful!

Indrani said...

Enjoyed reading the stories. great images too.

Dick said...

Nice pictures and great story. Thanks for visiting.

Norm said...

They are so lovely and adorable, nice story, thanks for sharing..

Misty DawnS said...

He is beautiful and the cat bird story is hilarious! I could just picture the whole thing going on.

Gretchen said...

Really cute cats! :)

Paula said...

Thanks for visiting my page...I see I'm not the only one who has many nicknames for my kitty. They are adorable cats.